Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

Spoilers on 737/777

I know that PMDG would like us to use the default FSX commands for the controls (instead of FSUIPC). So I have been trying to figure out how to revert to the FSX set-up, because I simply cannot get the spoiler lever on either the 737 or the 777 to smoothly move back and forth. It's either armed, fully out or parked - nothing in between. I am using a Saitek X52 controller, and am trying to use the slider on the throttle side to employ the spoilers. If I use the FSX commands "/" or "Shift-/", I get the armed mode or full spoilers, nothing in between. With the Saitek, the same thing - the slider will not control the spoilers except for full on, armed or off. I've managed to set up one button to arm the spoilers, which cycles between off and armed, but still no joy on the smooth operation of the spoiler lever.

Yet I see videos of the spoilers being set to, say, 50%, and I believe that somewhere in the manuals PMDG states that partial spoilers are to be used, especially in the 777.  So, first of all, can I use the slider to control the spoilers? And if so, do I use the FSX command keys, or do I use FSUIPC?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You can assign a spoiler axis in FSX without any problem. But be sure to look under axis, not buttons... Big difference.

At one point in the past I had my X-52 Pro slider assigned for the spoilers/speedbrakes because I needed finer control than on/off for gliders. So I'm sure it works perfectly without the need for FSUIPC.

Also note that both the NGX and 777 have a clickspot on the pedestal for the spoilers 50% position. Just click where the lever should be in that position.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

Gary,

I assign my spoilers to the circular axis surrounding the E button on the X52 pro. I arm the spoilers with the button that would lie next to your little finger on the joystick itself.

Works for me perfectly :)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Thanks, both of you!  I will look into "fixing" my spoilers to work properly. I knew about the 50% click-spot, but when you're trying to immerse yourself in the sim, you hate using the mouse unless you have to. I never thought about using the circular axis, mainly because the spoiler handle is more of a slider itself, but maybe I'll use the 'E' button as the arming button and the exis for the spoilers.

Always learning, always learning...

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Gary,

I assign my spoilers to the circular axis surrounding the E button on the X52 pro. I arm the spoilers with the button that would lie next to your little finger on the joystick itself.

Works for me perfectly :)

Alex

Same circle for spoilers for me, but the little finger toggle is the ATHR disconnecter for me :-P