Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Made The Switch But...

60 FPS with default settings at KDFW in the Cessna Caravan.   T_T  Glorious.  Stutter free.   I took off, did a circruit around Dallas and came back and landed.   Frames never dropped below 45 the entire flight.   Thank you so much for your help.  Now to tackle the iFly 737 problem which I think is an issue with the Mipmapping in the VC according to a thread by Firehawk.  He turned off VC and was getting a good 40FPS in the VC.

How is that bird in P3D - hefty price tag - can you post some screen shots I have seen none in P3D - thank you

Rich Sennett

How is that bird in P3D - hefty price tag - can you post some screen shots I have seen none in P3D - thank you

Compared to the PMDG, visually, the cockpits look equally detailed and the aircraft exterior is highly detailed on both.   My issue is, that 60 FPS I reported a moment ago sitting at gate A11 at DFW turns into 19-20FPS when I load the iFly 737.   This is NOT in ANY universe an acceptable loss of frames for a single aircraft.   Something is not working right.   That is just a brutal destruction of the simulation.   If this was the norm for this aircraft I don't see how iFly could ever sell a single copy.   I unfortunately haven't been able to register on their forums with my copy and certificate because of unknown reasons.  I have a help ticket in.

I'll post some screen caps here in a second for you!

Here are a few shots.

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-51-19-39.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-52-11-56.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-52-45-67.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-53-22-19.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Compared to the PMDG, visually, the cockpits look equally detailed and the aircraft exterior is highly detailed on both.   My issue is, that 60 FPS I reported a moment ago sitting at gate A11 at DFW turns into 19-20FPS when I load the iFly 737.   This is NOT in ANY universe an acceptable loss of frames for a single aircraft.   Something is not working right.   That is just a brutal destruction of the simulation.   If this was the norm for this aircraft I don't see how iFly could ever sell a single copy.   I unfortunately haven't been able to register on their forums with my copy and certificate because of unknown reasons.  I have a help ticket in.

I'll post some screen caps here in a second for you!

Here are a few shots.

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-51-19-39.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-52-11-56.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-52-45-67.jpg

Prepar3D%202014-08-11%2020-53-22-19.jpg

Thanks for the shots - they do look very nice and I see your running unlimited frames good choice - keep in mind probablly wont work in 2.3 - keep me posted on your progress

Rich Sennett

When I am in the stock aircraft I get around 50 FPS with moderate/default settings.   I have no tears from VSYNC problems, I have no micro stutters, texture blur issues.    It's crazy smooth at 50fps.     Now here's something for the mind to boogle.    When I load the iFLy 737 my FPS drops to 20FPS and stays there.  The simulation is still smooth but I do notice a little frame lag from the low FPS.   Here is the kick in the pants...   if I slide EVERY single slider as low as it goes.  The FPS stays at 20 FPS.   @_@  Shouldn't I see SOME kind of FPS improvement by turning everything off or down as low as it can go?   Why is this aircraft pegged at 20 FPS?  Did I install it wrong I wonder?

The iFly cockpit features some neat things the PMDG did not have; like the ability to open the pilot's window.   Of course its missing some minor systems too; like there is no oxygen test button for the oxygen mask system.

I have to give the iFly one big advantage over PMDG for P3D.   It actually exists for P3D.   *stares at PMDG*  When!?  When is gonna be our time again!?   If iFly has a steep price tag for their P3D version I can only imagine what the PMDG price tag is going to look like.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

When I am in the stock aircraft I get around 50 FPS with moderate/default settings.   I have no tears from VSYNC problems, I have no micro stutters, texture blur issues.    It's crazy smooth at 50fps.     Now here's something for the mind to boogle.    When I load the iFLy 737 my FPS drops to 20FPS and stays there.  The simulation is still smooth but I do notice a little frame lag from the low FPS.   Here is the kick in the pants...   if I slide EVERY single slider as low as it goes.  The FPS stays at 20 FPS.   @_@  Shouldn't I see SOME kind of FPS improvement by turning everything off or down as low as it can go?   Why is this aircraft pegged at 20 FPS?  Did I install it wrong I wonder?

The iFly cockpit features some neat things the PMDG did not have; like the ability to open the pilot's window.   Of course its missing some minor systems too; like there is no oxygen test button for the oxygen mask system.

I have to give the iFly one big advantage over PMDG for P3D.   It actually exists for P3D.   *stares at PMDG*  When!?  When is gonna be our time again!?   If iFly has a steep price tag for their P3D version I can only imagine what the PMDG price tag is going to look like.

yes I would think if you dont get better fps with sliders reduced something might not be right - good question - did you install it as administrator no AV on just a thought also make sure you have all rights to your P3D folders - I use this small program called takeownership works great install it then right mouse click on p3d folder and click takeownership it will do all of the work - make sure you wait till its has finished completley

Off topic, but what traffic add-on are you using? The models look great, and MyTraffic looks like poo.

Ultimate traffic 2 is the best looks good and the best on fsp and I have tried them all

Rich Sennett

Off topic, but what traffic add-on are you using? The models look great, and MyTraffic looks like poo.

I own Ultimate Traffic 2 but I have not yet installed it for P3D.   I am in fact using nothing more than World of AI and all their major airline aircraft packages.    WoAI is designed for FSX but I have the Estonia Migration Tool.   Turn it on and WoAI thinks you have FSX installed and wallah it loads right in.  Instant busy airports at the major airports.   If your favorite airport doesn't have the traffic you want I use a free 3rd party tool called AI Flight Planner.   Make your own traffic packages easily and efficiently.  Takes a little time to build up a good airport package but when done you can load it up and wallah, airplanes every where.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Remember we are trying to avoid a degraded multicore situation. Depending on addons in use, bear in mind there may be benefit in using an Affinity Mask of 2688 (101010000000) (i.e. with a 6 core HT=on CPU). Although only using three cores, they can keep up just as well as four but have less chance of poor thread distribution and interference from other processes.

>> just like magic

very nearly - thanks guys!  :BigGrin:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Remember we are trying to avoid a degraded multicore situation. Depending on addons in use, bear in mind there may be benefit in using an Affinity Mask of 2688 (101010000000) (i.e. with a 6 core HT=on CPU). Although only using three cores, they can keep up just as well as four but have less chance of poor thread distribution and interference from other processes.

>> just like magic

Magic Man - hows it going  :yahoo:

Rich Sennett

>> just like magic

Thanks for the extra tip Steve.   Everything is running great with the addons I have minus the iFLy 737NG.   When I load that plane up 60 FPS turns to 20, even if I push all the sliders to the left and shut off things like shadows.   I am going to reinstall the addon when I get home using the suggested method by Richard.  We'll see if that fixes the 40 FPS loss.   If that doesn't work I'll try the 3 core AM you are suggesting.   I have my CPU up to 4.2ghz now also.   Going to push for 4.6 again.  Is going from 3.8 to 4.6 going to affect anything AM wise?

100454.png

Brian Navy

Is going from 3.8 to 4.6 going to affect anything AM wise?

Not really, watch those temperatures.

Magic Man - hows it going  :yahoo:

Hey Richard, I'm good, hoping all is well with you and that tasty motor vehicle of yours is running sweet!

Not really, watch those temperatures.

Hey Richard, I'm good, hoping all is well with you and that tasty motor vehicle of yours is running sweet!

Hi Steve sorry to go off topic but yah just took stringray to castle island for lunch awesome watching the aircraft landing - could not find a parking spot today so it was back to work for me - heres a cool pic of castle island - runways are to the right not shown

rw2lfn.jpg

Rich Sennett

Couldn`t it be that some panels in the cockpit have a 20x per second updaterate and the sim is told to wait for them.

Maybe if you quote-out (put // in front of line) some gauges in the panel.cfg of the aircraft you can find the one/ones that are causing the slowdown.

Make sure you make a copy of the panel.cfg first.

And maybe you can also turn on 

[Main]
ContentErrorLogging=1

in your Prepar3D.CFG file.

That will output some information to a file (Mydocuments\Prepar3D\ContentErrorLog.TXT) that might be usefull to find the problem.

great place for lunch arrive earlier next time. thanks for sharing!

Couldn`t it be that some panels in the cockpit have a 20x per second updaterate and the sim is told to wait for them.

Maybe if you quote-out (put // in front of line) some gauges in the panel.cfg of the aircraft you can find the one/ones that are causing the slowdown.

Make sure you make a copy of the panel.cfg first.

And maybe you can also turn on 

[Main]
ContentErrorLogging=1

in your Prepar3D.CFG file.

That will output some information to a file (Mydocuments\Prepar3D\ContentErrorLog.TXT) that might be usefull to find the problem.

I'll give that a shot if reinstalling doesn't work.   I know PMDG would let you change the update rate of the gauges.   I was wondering if iFly had something similar.  Should probably open up the manual.. XD

100454.png

Brian Navy