Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Yuma MCAS and Airport scenery (one for you military types)

I am sitting in front of an animated hangar at N32.652356, W144.61699. The sign says to tune NAV 2 to 114.5. I tuned NAV 2 to 114.50  The doors do not open.

I looked at the EZ hangars readme and it said "Move files ezhangers.bgl and ezhangers.txt to the scenery folder of your choice." I looked in the Libraries Scenery folder and it had the ezhangers.bgl but not the ezhangers.txt file. Is it needed to make the doors operational?

I used to have these animated hangars working in other sceneries. I chose to overwrite my old files.

Thanks, Bob.  Edit: I just downloaded the ezhangars file here for FS2004. It has a txt file but the GUID numbers are in the FS9 style.

Could you install the original EZ hangars and let me know if it works. Original textures will need to be installed.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Could you install the original EZ hangars and let me know if it works. Original textures will need to be installed.

Shez

I did some experimentation and found that if you put the original file back it works. Send me an email and I can send it to you. There are also the dawg hangars with the same functionality.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!!

I spent 8 long years stationed at the place! Those nice white parking covers didn't exist back then, altho the Israelis put in the first pair of rows in front of the hangar they weer using when they started ops. OH what a difference!! So much better than burning the skin off your hand by accidentally touching the wing that's been out in the sun for a few minutes...

We had a seat tech take a short, extremely painfull flight, by accident once, thankfully NOT under the cover or he'd have died fast...

I worked for the Israelis right after I got my Honorable...yeah traded one for hte other...till then I had worked next door in BLDG 215, AIMD Avionics, right next to the washrack...and spent a couple of years in Bldg 51 and out at the rifle range and the pistol range as an instructor...I guess I qualled high...

LOTS of memories...the Harrier (brand new to the base) that hvered across the flight line and runways into the civilian side hangar after the pilot had ejected, the F-4N that did the famous verticalafter take-off trick...BIG mess there! The A-4 that managed to shoot himself down by getting too close to the ground on a practise strafing run...PFTs in 110° temperatures...you name it! 

Thanks for the memories, good and bad :)

Pat☺

Gre

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!!

I spent 8 long years stationed at the place! Those nice white parking covers didn't exist back then, altho the Israelis put in the first pair of rows in front of the hangar they weer using when they started ops. OH what a difference!! So much better than burning the skin off your hand by accidentally touching the wing that's been out in the sun for a few minutes...

We had a seat tech take a short, extremely painfull flight, by accident once, thankfully NOT under the cover or he'd have died fast...

I worked for the Israelis right after I got my Honorable...yeah traded one for hte other...till then I had worked next door in BLDG 215, AIMD Avionics, right next to the washrack...and spent a couple of years in Bldg 51 and out at the rifle range and the pistol range as an instructor...I guess I qualled high...

LOTS of memories...the Harrier (brand new to the base) that hvered across the flight line and runways into the civilian side hangar after the pilot had ejected, the F-4N that did the famous verticalafter take-off trick...BIG mess there! The A-4 that managed to shoot himself down by getting too close to the ground on a practise strafing run...PFTs in 110° temperatures...you name it! 

Thanks for the memories, good and bad :)

Pat☺

Great stories. I also read the wikipedia entry on the MCAS and it had a very interesting long historical wrap up of Yuma. I have never been there but can imagine the heat. Glad you are enjoying the scenery. :BigGrin:

Shez

Shez Ansari

There will be a service pack for this scenery to fix two items,

1. Night photoreal texture somehow reverted to daytime
  2. As above, two replacement files to fix the hangar doors

Shez

Shez Ansari

I took the MAIW FS9 Yuma fligtplan and changed the airport from KYUM to KYNL and then converted it from a FS9 to a FSX type traffic file and now I have lots of Harrier AI. Bob.

Question: could someone confirm the hangar doors are working after the fix.

Thanks.

Shez

Shez Ansari

I've never been able to get add-on scenery to work. What does this mean?

Sceneryerror.png

Instructions say put in add-on scenery folder but it never shows up. I always get this error.

What is your area 115? Check the path for the scenery.

????? I have no idea? This is a bare bones FSX on my laptop that I try things on before I use them on my desktop.

Hey SheZ, if you would have started the Layout with Runway 15, then your Ramp areas would align properly in the right direction, instead of at an odd angle.  I am specifically talkeing about the "Squares."  The align to the first runway that is laid down.......-Woog