Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

First flight on new PC with SP1b

I will use just one word.

Stunning.

No OOM, silky smooth. FBW seems perfect to me (am no Rob), bad weather here in UK today so great to see the WX working hard.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I will use just one word.

Stunning.

No OOM, silky smooth. FBW seems perfect to me (am no Rob), bad weather here in UK today so great to see the WX working hard.

Hi there

I am sure that there are many out there, myself included who would be interested in your system specs. I am thinking of upgrading my own rig although have not had any problems so far but

would be interested in what your new rig is specked  too

Cheers

Can only agree.

SP1B was great for me flying into Iceland, approach was very nice and flare and landing far superior now.

What are your specs? PMDG and fsx absolutely shine with enough horsepower. I spent much less time tweaking and more time flying once I got a processor that could overclock past 4 ghz.

What are your specs? PMDG and fsx absolutely shine with enough horsepower. I spent much less time tweaking and more time flying once I got a processor that could overclock past 4 ghz.

You are right, I am running a i7-4790K at 4.9GHz and get 30FPS locked even at places like Dubai and Heathrow. I can actually enjoy flights now!!

I had my specs in sig as the profile would not take them but seems the mods went into my account and deleted them from my sig without even a word, nice!

Anyway.

i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz, GTX 780 6gb,(P3d in mind) 8gb RAM 2133, FSX running on a Samsung 1TB SSD. W7 on its own SSD.

I was running a i7 950@4 , so did not have high hopes but everything is so much smoother, not even looked at fps, feel no need to, only time I looked was after installing fsx/acc and making a default fight at my local EGNX, was 268fps lol.

Am only useing Global+ Vector+Euro LC, with lots of addon airports. Don't feel the need when flying in Europe with anything else when only aircrafts installed are the 777 and NGX.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've got an old Core2 quad running at 3GHz which does just fine even at FSDT locations and Heathrow. An OC of 3.5GHz is a some improvement but not significant. I can't imagine needing the specs you guys mention, sure it would be nice but not necessary. Just my opinion of course.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had my specs in sig as the profile would not take them but seems the mods went into my account and deleted them from my sig without even a word, nice!

Anyway.

i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz, GTX 780 6gb,(P3d in mind) 8gb RAM 2133, FSX running on a Samsung 1TB SSD. W7 on its own SSD.

I was running a i7 950@4 , so did not have high hopes but everything is so much smoother, not even looked at fps, feel no need to, only time I looked was after installing fsx/acc and making a default fight at my local EGNX, was 268fps lol.

Am only useing Global+ Vector+Euro LC, with lots of addon airports. Don't feel the need when flying in Europe with anything else when only aircrafts installed are the 777 and NGX.

Thanks for sharing you specs, however would be interested to know the brand of your motherboard and model?

Cheers

Asus Z97 Sabertooth MK2 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

CPU cooler

Corsair Hydro H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus Z97 Sabertooth MK2 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

CPU cooler
Corsair Hydro H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Thanks

I think Asus is the way to go. Currently using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H / i7 3770K which I think is feeling a little strained with the overclocking  but will upgrade to an ASUS Z97 Socket 1150 Deluxe version with a i7 4790K Devils Canyon. At least I know I'm on the right track as far as the upgrade is concerned.

Yes SP1b is running nice and smooth here - so far no abnormal behaviour any more (fingers crossed) :smile: 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Hello Phillip,

I see you say you have no problems with  SP1b.

Can ask if you have flown with time compression and if so did you have problems.

Regards,

Andrew Beard