Sign in to follow this  
kriggelb

black outside textures taxi cam

Hello 777-captains out there,

I recently updated the 77L and the 77W (SP1b as recommended by RSR). Afterwards I ran the EZCA configurator and also had to set up my cockpit views again. I did a flight from EDDL to LTBA (taxi2gate) and everything worked great - also with ASN and the weather radar.

Still I noticed a strange issue I didn't have before (SP1): when turning on the taxi cam the airframe textures don't load correctly. I know that this function is a fps killer, but I also used the cam before and after some time everything was displayed correctly. First I thought this was due to heavy scenery (LTBA by taxi2gate as mentioned above), but I also tried a non-addon-airport and other 77W liveries (actually I was first using the Turkish Airlines one...). No matter what airport I choose and even no matter which livery: the taxi cam texture loading problem remains. The airframe parts you get to see when switching on the cam simply stay black and don't load - even after waiting for a long time.

Does anybody have the same issue?  

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Chris

Christian Baldauf

Hallo Chris,

I just checked the camera and I saw the only the PMDG livery working in the camera view and other liverys staying black!

Kind rgeards Holger!

Hello Holger,

thanks a lot for checking this on your system! So indeed there seems to be an issue with the cam displaying livery textures, doesn't it?

We'll see...

Chris

Christian Baldauf

Hello Chris,

after  reinstallation of the livery via OC the livery is dispalyed via CAM without any problem!

Best regards Holger!

Hey, that's great news - I'll give that a try later and then report back. After updating this beautiful bird I just chose the "repair livery option" within the OC, but reinstalling could also do the trick for me...

This is a great community:-)

Christian Baldauf

Hello Holger,

indeed reinstalling the liveries worked great also for me!

Thanks a lot for your hint and your help!

Kind regards,

Chris

Christian Baldauf