Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Nibbo

All AI Ships disappeared

I have loads of AI ships installed but since adding a dozen or so AI Airlines all the AI ships have disappeared from FSX. I've tried removing all the AI ships from Simobjects/Boats and all the AI bgl's from FSX/scenery/world files I then run FSX without any. I then put all the AI files back in their original place but without success, any ideas how to get the AI ships back working again?

PS sorry if I've posted this question in the wrong forum, i did search for similar questions but couldn't find any help.

Do you run only FSX pure without any Add-ons at the moment and you will recovery the original FSX-situation in any case  ???

But I must have several dozen different addons, not counting any scenery addons such as VFR scenery or the dozens of airport addons I have.

... but since adding a dozen or so AI Airlines all the AI ships have disappeared from FSX. ...

I bet one of the flight plan BGL's you installed was an FS9 one, that will effectively cancel all FSX traffic files.

Use AI FLight Planner (or similar) to convert them to FSX format.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

All the flight plans are WOAI. Any idea of an easy way to how to identify if there is a FS9 one?

As far as I know all WOAI flight plans are FS9 "out of the box". Not 100% sure though.

AI Flight Planner can locate FS9 traffic files on your system: [Files->Find FS9 Traffic Files].

2004 = FS9 yes? :smile:

There is no 2004/FSX traffic file format, they are either 2004 (AKA FS9) or FSX.

If they are anything but FSX format, convert them.

In the WOAI document read me text for every file addon it says it's for FS2004 and FSX and they all work properly with no problems....... so how do I convert them just for FSX?

Many thanks Penz, I converted over 100 traffic BGL's  and deleted the originals (saved them all just incase) the AI ships now show up :) :) :)   However I'm not sure if the AI Flights are working!   The Aircraft are in the airports but nothing is moving, I sat at an international airport for half an hour and nothing moved. I only converted the "Traffic" BGL's all except one named "ai-traffic.bgl"  should I convert that as well to get the planes moving or is there something else wrong now?

If the AIFP "FS9 file scan" tags that file as FS9 I suggest you convert it.

Happy to hear you got the ships back! :)

No that file did not flag up an FS9 file. Any more ideas to get the planes moving again?

They should move ...

You can use Traffic Toolbox from the SDK to check the schedules of aircraft you see from within the sim, other than that I don't really have any suggestions, sorry.