Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Traffic on Airports

Guest mac1

Hi allRight people i am fed up of no, or very little aircraft/traffic at airports.I your opinion whats the best program to get aircraft/traffic when i go/land at a airports.running FS2004 updated to v9.1please include the price if possible.thanksmac

MyTraffic, payware addon.provide more complete traffic at local airfields and evens out the traffic flows at all others (vs. Ultimate Traffic)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

So there's your answer Mac, either or is good, and many people will say one is better than the other until your blue in the face.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Philip Olson

Don't forget Project AI which will not cost you a dime! I use Project AI and I am very happy with it, especially since little by little they are adding military flights. With Project AI you can easily choose which airlines you want to install since each airline is in it's own package. Some people say Project AI is difficult to learn to install but all you have to do is download and install their installer and then download the airlines you wish to install. Here is a link to their website http://69.44.152.7/ check them out since it is free you won't lose anything by trying them out.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

i'd say install all the flightplans from MRAI (www.mostrealisticai.com) using AI Aardvark, FSPainter, Evolve AI, CDAI, Henry Tomkiewicz and Dee Waldron models .. repaints can be found here on avsim, on www.fsrepaints.de, www.aitraffic.org ....the hunt for flightplans and repaints is very entertaining and when you see the result in FS very rewarding ..you can always try Project AI but, even though they have lots of stuff and are very user friendly, i would'nt recommend it as their models are harder on framerates and repaints aren't all of the best quality .. if you don't want to spend lots of time on your AI traffic, and you want it for free, then Project AI would be the best choice ..

Mac,I'd also recommend Ultimate Traffic.www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utrafficCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ultimate traffic, then pay the extra $7 for the schedules. Quite good, and well equiped.

I have manually installed ProjectAI and MRAI, plus several other airlines :)

Guest mac1

Thanks for all your comments, thats a great help.I forgot to say that i have Project AI planes installed so why don't i see very many aircraft at some airports, I have just thought of something,1: are the aircraft that you see parked or standing at departure bays different from the ones you see taking off or taxing.2: If i install another AI program, do i need to un-install Project AI or can you run both.I have installed a lot of Project AI aircraft but i still get airports with no or very little aircraft at them.do i need to crank up a settting in FS, if so which one.thanks again

Guest tango_d

With Vern on this one - Been delighted with Ultimate Traffic...RgsEd

Guest RonB49

1. Although some add-on airport scenery includes "static" a/c models, usually the planes you see at the gates will taxi out and takeoff.2. My personal choice would be to use one or the other but not both simultaneously; it would complicate troubleshooting to have both.A final note. Have you examined the AFCAD files for the airports in question? If PIA is sending different a/c types (larger, for example) to the same airport, then there may be no parking space to accept them. The easiest way to solve that problem is to check the PAI site to see if they have an AFCAD2 file for that particular airport. If they do, then it will be tailored to fit the traffic that they land there. R-

Guest wildfire563

I just started playing with GA-Traffic, and it works great for developing GA based traffic (not airlines). I fly out of Nashua, so that's what I was looking for. I ended up removing the traffic as my system can't really handle it, but if you are looking for lots of GA traffic, it works great and is very configurable.Thomas

"Ultimate Traffic."Best ever.Almost "idiot-proof" (for people like me!)Just re-installed it on a new PC today. Installed in stages easily off CD-ROM. Never updated UT; never modified it; no need. Forget all that "PC engineering" with AI. UT provides visuals, atmosphere, accurate real-world liveries and timetables, incredible add-on--totally.Get it!JS