Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Ad hoc flight for 16th August.

Ad hoc? Well not quite.

But I have managed to secure a contract for delivering packages and passengers from Roseburg(KRGB) to some outlying airstrips. To fulfil this contract I have obtained a fleet of Piper Cubs from A2A.

It will work like this:

Take one passenger + 20lbs of packages to 170R, drop the pax off + 4lbs of 'produce'. carry on to the next four stops delivering the same amount until all your deliveries have been made. At 600R pick up a new passenger. Return to Roseburg and reload with 18lbs of 'produce' (6lb for each call) and dropping your passenger off at 16S Myrtle Creek.Return to Roseburg empty.

If there is time we may be required to collect a group of baton twirling marching type girls from 80R3 and bring them back to Roseburg. How they got there is anyone's guess! Depending on how well you treated them on the flight back, you could be suitably rewarded! Who knows? :spiteful:

I realise this has all the hallmarks of descending into an absolute fiasco, but please do your best. My reputation depends on it.

Skyvector plan: HERE   

Orbx PNW. Also Micha Cajic has, before joining Orbx, made some nice strips that fit into PNW perfectly. Check it out HERE

Should you accept this mission, I of course, will bear no responsibility. :P

I will be flying this aircraft which I have had specially shipped over from Switzerland

oia1.jpg

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, the Roseburg run looks to be a real Doozie! Some of those strips will prove a challenge. FWIW. You can get an FSX version of the flightplan from DropBox here.

I'll be flying in Urs Burkhardt's classic NC487W. If I can only find a way to keep the passenger quiet…

--M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

shame i'm away, sounds like fun :<|

TJ_zpscc357935.png

If I can only find a way to keep the passenger quiet…

I'm not sure what is worse, the one who pees herself at every bump, or the calm one who, if your landing isn't buttery smooth, hits you with a withering 'You're NOT a good pilot'

My "Ad Hoc" Cub will be  Urs Burkhardt's  CF-DCW "Bushwhacker",  and I will be inviting fun Heidi along for the festivities.

bushwhacker.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

You may prefer to fly the MSFS Default Piper J-3 Cub. If you want a more subtle flight dynamics model, you might try the talented Alexander Metzger's excellent rendition temporarily available here.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

All I can say about this upcoming flight is "Be prepared, be very prepared". 

Just a quick reminder that A2A Cub pilots may want to apply the unofficial "flooding fix" linked-to in our aircraft declaration spreadsheet here.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hope to be able to join in . Will be Flying A2A Cub in Cryptic Orb (crossword paint)  . Have updated the Spreadsheet with link

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Much to my surprise, although why I had any doubts given the skill of our group, the flight did not descend into chaos! In fact, we lost no aircraft, all passengers arrived safely, albeit with a few gripes and acid comments on landing techniques and all packages were delivered. The accounts have all been paid. 

All in all, a successful contract. Congratulations boys! :good: