Sign in to follow this  
Adel4777

FSX question!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I apologize if I am placing this topic into the wrong section.

I am a real live student pilot and now I am working on my instrument rating, I was trying to practice some approaches, DME ARC and  intercepting/tracking VOR Radials using FSX C172 G1000.

However, I was unable to know whether I am doing it correct or not! 

My question, is there a lessons Add-on for FSX to help me practice these things correctly?

I tried to connect through IVAO network, unfortunately, there wasn't an expert ATC online who can offer the help that I am looking for!

2nd question,

I am flying Cessna 172 G1000 and I knew it is already one of the FSX default airplanes, however, it is not professional enough!! there is too many important buttons that doesn't work!! So, is there a Cessna G1000 add on that is more professional?? I don't care if it is freeware or payware

Thanks,

Adel

Have you explored the FSX lessons center?

I just saw it, it looks great! but still the lessons made on Cessna 172 rounddail :( I need a G1000 version :(

I just saw it, it looks great! but still the lessons made on Cessna 172 rounddail :( I need a G1000 version :(

Ah, There's a trick for that... The lessons are actually missions and can be modified for use with add-on planes by making a small change in the txt files. See here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/using-addon-planes-for-fsx-lessons_topic21263.html

I would probably stick with something from Flight1 if you want an honest g1000. Just watch some tutorials on YouTube, I learned the gns530 by watching YouTube videos Garmin released. Do that for "ground training" and then when you're ready to implement the g1000 in flight, tweak the lesson. The virtual instructor is looking to see if you do things correctly, so it won't matter the avionics you are using. I've used RXP GPS in tweaked missions and lessons.

Ah, There's a trick for that... The lessons are actually missions and can be modified for use with add-on planes by making a small change in the txt files. See here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/using-addon-planes-for-fsx-lessons_topic21263.html

I would probably stick with something from Flight1 if you want an honest g1000. Just watch some tutorials on YouTube, I learned the gns530 by watching YouTube videos Garmin released. Do that for "ground training" and then when you're ready to implement the g1000 in flight, tweak the lesson. The virtual instructor is looking to see if you do things correctly, so it won't matter the avionics you are using. I've used RXP GPS in tweaked missions and lessons.

Sounds interesting!

Now how to gert the G1000 version? I went here http://www.flight1.com/ but I couldn't find it