Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

American 77W WIP

I noticed that too Richard. What I did was create a test texture folder, copied all the stuff from the common textures into it so it displayed them all.

New shot.. now to start working on the other side of the aircraft..

AAL1600x.png

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I noticed that too Richard. What I did was create a test texture folder, copied all the stuff from the common textures into it so it displayed them all.

New shot.. now to start working on the other side of the aircraft..

AAL1600x.png

She is beautiful but whats taking so long lol - kidding painting is no easy job - you know what to do but its becomes a ton of trial and error - well done Bud

Rich Sennett

Not a fan of piloting a 777 or even a fan or American Airlines, but this paint is pretty bad @$$, very well done sir!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

She is beautiful but whats taking so long lol - kidding painting is no easy job - you know what to do but its becomes a ton of trial and error - well done Bud

ha ha. It started with me doing the base textures.. only started on the left side. Decided to add some colour to the base to check out the details etc.. then it turned into me adding the American title and went on from there. I still need to do the other side! Currently working on the engine pylons. It's a holiday here today, and I'm work. It's dead quiet, so a good chance to work on some textures!

Cheers,

John Tavendale

ha ha. It started with me doing the base textures.. only started on the left side. Decided to add some colour to the base to check out the details etc.. then it turned into me adding the American title and went on from there. I still need to do the other side! Currently working on the engine pylons. It's a holiday here today, and I'm work. It's dead quiet, so a good chance to work on some textures!

Nice - I also spent vacation on CS777 - paints - keeps Us out of trouble I guess

Rich Sennett

I still need to get my head around bump maps! That'll be a new experience.

Just use existent bumps

Rich Sennett

Rather not. They're not up to scratch.. Plus, they don't match my newly drawn panel lines etc.

Got yah - all out - have fun :) 

Rich Sennett

WOW! THAT LOOKS AMAZING! But, That's not your work! That's the work of the painters in Victorville and Portland! Why did you just use a picture of the real thing and not of the flight sim model!? haha! WOW!

Any updates!?

Hi Andy,

I'm still working on completing the base textures.. I haven't had as much time to work on it as I'd like. Should hopefully wrap it up in the next week or so and then I can start finishing liveries.

Cheers,

John Tavendale