Sign in to follow this  
mozart

Best Dash 8-300 and Dash 8-200 for FSX? Payware or freeware

I am looking to fly the Dash 8-300 and especially the Dash 8-200 to a couple of fields where the -400 is too large.

What is the best Dash 8-300 and -200 for FSX? In FS9 I used a merge of the PSS panel with the Dreamwings exterior model.

What's the best solution for FSX? No payware that I am aware of? Dreamwings will probably work in FSX, but what panel to use?

Thanks!

Chris

I am looking to fly the Dash 8-300 and especially the Dash 8-200 to a couple of fields where the -400 is too large.

What is the best Dash 8-300 and -200 for FSX? In FS9 I used a merge of the PSS panel with the Dreamwings exterior model.

What's the best solution for FSX? No payware that I am aware of? Dreamwings will probably work in FSX, but what panel to use?

Thanks!

Chris

I know majestic is working on  a -300 model right now. If a -400 model will work they have a great one available

https://www.justflight.com/product/dash-8-q400-pilot-edition-fsx-download

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

For short field take off and landing I have a Dreamwings Dash 8-100.  No VC but a truly fine 2D

cockpit.  Only problem is that I have found no other textures for it other than the one it

came with (Olympic).

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/10066/fsx-olympic-air-bombardier-dash-8-100/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

For short field take off and landing I have a Dreamwings Dash 8-100.  No VC but a truly fine 2D

cockpit.  Only problem is that I have found no other textures for it other than the one it

came with (Olympic).

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/10066/fsx-olympic-air-bombardier-dash-8-100/

Dreamwings seems indeed the way to go. I am looking for a -100 or -200 version as well (I think the fuselage is the same, otherwise not sure what the difference is). There are plenty of repaints, all you need to do is look in the AVSIM library in the FS9 category. The Dreamwings plane is an FS9 plane.

What bugs me though is: which panel to use? I haven't tried it out, but I would assume that the one from PSS does not work in FSX. Which panel are you using?

Chris

Ah, I didn't know that! That's a good surprise because I already own the PSS product. So I'll try it out in FSX tonight.

Thanks for the help!

Ah, I didn't know that! That's a good surprise because I already own the PSS product. So I'll try it out in FSX tonight.

Thanks for the help!

There is a Dreamwings Dash 8 Q400 available here for FS9, that includes vasfmc: http://lhsimulations.com/bombardier-dash8-q400/

Could possibly be converted to FSX?

Also: the FANDA panel available is the same as that of the Majestic Q300, actually from the same developer. Again, dunno if that would work in FSX.

There is a lack of decent Dashes on FSX, a Q100 would be nice for shorter fields... developers, are you listening?

So I tried what was suggested by posters - thanks everybody for all the hints!

However so far it's been somewhat frustrating. The Justflight/PSS product does not work for me in FSX, maybe that is because I am running Windows 8.1. The Majestic 8-300 is sold only in the TRAINING version, but still I bought it for USD 159 (!!). A nice plane, but I can't find any repaints for it. Also, I wouldn't know how to merge that panel with the Dreamwings Dash 8-100 and -200. There seems to have been some freeware panel by the same chap that developed the Majestic payware (Fanda?), but I haven't really figured out where to find the latest version and if that will work with the Dreamwings -100 and -200.

Any thoughts or hints?

What I would like to see is a '100' - I've flown on them in real life and they fly in my part of the world. However I would like also to see Majestic or some other developer offer a 'light' model (or one a bit less complex than the current Majestic Q400 - just for those times when you want a break from complexity. I have complex aircraft but at times I'm just not up to it. It's nice to just kick the tyres and go, sometimes . Yes, I know we can do that with a whole lot of other planes, but the de Havilland Dash-8's do look attractive to me, and probably to a lot of others.

John G.