Sign in to follow this  
Guest crazypilot3

Climbing To Cruise

Guest crazypilot3

When climbing to your cruising altitude, ATC will set you up so you climb a little amount then a little more until you finally reach the cruising altitude. Is there a way to get rid of this or change the callout to climb higher from 200 feet to maybe 1000 feet?Thanks

No there isnt any way to get rid of this. If you want to stop it then in your flight plan request a lower altitude than you really want...lets say you plan on cruising at FL290 then request FL190 in the flight plan. When you get there (190) and level off then request higher increments from ATC.This feature in FS is not a true step climb procedure as there isnt any levelling off to burn fuel if you need toBill

Guest crazypilot3

Thanks for the reply. I will try that next time I fly.

Guest RogePete

I don't like the ATC behaviour too. 200ft before next FL is not very realistic. This is just a little variable to switch it from 200 to maybe 1000. Is there no crack who read something in the ATC SDK?There has to be a solution...Regards, Roger

Guest crazypilot3

Its really bad when ur in a high performance jet ... By the time you are cleared to the next altitude, you are already level, and its gets really annoying climbing like that. Kinda like going up steps. Completely unrealistic.

Guest RonB49

Here's what I do. If I am cleared to 15,000' (while I am climbing to a higher flight level), I set my altitude bug to 15,500 and climb at about 1800 - 2000 fpm. Usually, ATC has enough time between 14,800 and 15,000 to say enough that I can tell they are clearing me to a higher altitude and I move the bug (again setting it 500' above my new cleared altitude) and continue my climb.I have been fooled and had to descend to 15,000' to get a new clearance but it is seldom. Oh, and if you're using the speech accerator feature of Editvoicepack, it almost never happens.R-