Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

FsPassengers and payloads?

So what is the situation with FSP and PMDG NGX for example? Will FSP manage payloads correctly or I must manage it via NGX payload editor? I guess all airplanes in FSX that use default FSX payload dialog are compatible with FSP way of managing payload?

What about FSCaptain and payload managing compatability?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

So what is the situation with FSP and PMDG NGX for example? Will FSP manage payloads correctly or I must manage it via NGX payload editor? I guess all airplanes in FSX that use default FSX payload dialog are compatible with FSP way of managing payload?

I haven't used FSPassengers, but since I've been thinking of purchasing it this topic interested me. I found this link in the FSPassenger forum http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=31791&t=31791

As an FYI, I currently use TopCat for all loading of passengers, cargo, and fuel - that's been working like a charm!

I haven't used FSPassengers, but since I've been thinking of purchasing it this topic interested me. I found this link in the FSPassenger forum http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=31791&t=31791

As an FYI, I currently use TopCat for all loading of passengers, cargo, and fuel - that's been working like a charm!

I saw here on AVSIM that PMDG doesn't recommend using TopCat for payload, so again that brings me back to the "use only NGX payload manager only" logic.

Anyway saw the thread at FSP forum, and it clears this issue a lot! Thanks for the link!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi there,

FSCaptain can manage your payload & fuel loads, or if you prefer to use the PMDG native loaders, FSCaptain can simulate your PAX & cargo loading so you get the benefit of the PMDG systems being totally aware of what's being loaded plus the added benefit of FSCaptain forcing you to wait for everyone to board & disembark.  :huh:

We're fully NGX SDK compliant, so we are aware of the usual lights & signs and cabin temp, pressure and pressure change rate.  Then again, we also monitor little things such as "Who's going to serve coffee if you haven't turned on the power to the galley?" and "Are you really planning on flying into that rainstorm with your engine igniters off?"

If you would be interested, we offer an unlimited-time and unlimited-feature trial... limited only to departures from three PNW area airports.

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

To answer the question about FSPassengers:

For each aircraft, you can choose if you want to use either:

1) FSPassengers own payload loading program or
2) Aircrafts own payload handling software

So here is what I do:

For default FSX aircraft I use FSPassengers dialog. For PMDG's and Aerosoft's products, I have configured FSPassengers so, that I will be using an external payload and fuel manager.

When I have FsPassengers configured to use external manager, here are the steps of NGX:

1) I use the aircraft's fuel and payload managers to match the PFPX/TOPCAT numbers

2) Once done, I start a FSPassengers flight, load all passengers onboard and I'm good to go

This way you have the correct weights, but the CG is still managed by the aircrafts own manager.

---

To continue on, what TravisG mentioned. Both products should have demo versions available. Give them a try.

For me, these programs are suitable for different type of flying. Also one might work better than the other on your system (performance wise).

Cheers,

Jarkko

Edited by Jarkko

Thanks both for the tips and help. I actually own both products, and I didn't managed to get correct payloads with NGX in FSP. I didn't used FsCaptain for months,  switched to FSP because it's much faster and easier to start the flight. FsCaptain is generally better, but that aircraft performance editor and wrong ETA calculations is killing all the fun. I must test every airplane and gather the data to enter it in FsCaptain performance editor, it's just time consuming and frustrating. ETA calculation is directly connected to aircraft performance data entered in the editor, and I must enter lower values for climb rate and cruise speed to match expected flight time with ETA, or instead every arrival will be late by 10 minutes at least.

In FSP you just decide how much fuel you need, and add 10-15% over that value, easy. Set ETA manually and you're good to go.

I'd also suggest to rather buy FSCaptain than FSPassengers. FSCaptain is much more flexible, has more functionality and still in development and supported!

The only thing it is missing compared to FSP is managing the airline itself. No big deal for me but I imagine for others it could.

Does FSCaptain support Wilco's B737? Can FSCaptain load fuel?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yes I'm very sure it does support Wilco's 737, in fact it supports pretty much any aircraft as you can easily customize payload models and such. And yes, it does load fuel too, though in some cases like PMDG aircraft automatic fuel loading is disabled but then you simply load it using the aircraft's system.

Yes I'm very sure it does support Wilco's 737, in fact it supports pretty much any aircraft as you can easily customize payload models and such. And yes, it does load fuel too, though in some cases like PMDG aircraft automatic fuel loading is disabled but then you simply load it using the aircraft's system.

Thanks, FScamp, I bought FSCaptain ages ago...  :)

Dirk.