Sign in to follow this  
toto59

oom 777 pmdg sp1b omdb

Hello,

I am experiencing some oom troubles since i got the 777-300 extension and sp1a and b. I get oom when approaching OMDB scenery from flytampa.

I had never oom with the scenery before. I use ASN for the weather radar. All my drivers are updated and my hardware is on top...

Anybody knows what happens?

Best reguards

Thomas

Welcome to the PMDG B777's world of OOMs !!!

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Please read the INTRO documentation section on VAS and OOM very carefully. It varies with user system and is preventable but since there are multiple possible reasons it is hard to solve with a single fix.  I have minimum memory (4Gb) and lots of add-on airports (but no add-on scenery) and have never had this problem. It is possible to enjoy PMDG without OOM. The INTRO definitely has some good tips.

Dan Downs KCRP

Been fighting OOMs for quite some time (tweaking FSX/NVIDIA variables over and over), until I decided to go the DX10 way (google "Steve DX10 fixer"). It took me short amount of time to properly configure, but once done the OOMs were gone for good. Visuals are equal or better and addon airport issues have been nicely sorted out. Worth to check it out

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Sorry what is vas and where can i find this article. Thanks Al

Its all explained in the introduction  manual that came with the t7  there are other useful info  that might help you with your ooms as well  well worth reading

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Been fighting OOMs for quite some time (tweaking FSX/NVIDIA variables over and over), until I decided to go the DX10 way (google "Steve DX10 fixer"). It took me short amount of time to properly configure, but once done the OOMs were gone for good. Visuals are equal or better and addon airport issues have been nicely sorted out. Worth to check it out

It may not be completely helpful to recommend a solution that can not be obtained on the market any longer.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Its all explained in the introduction  manual that came with the t7  there are other useful info  that might help you with your ooms as well  well worth reading

Undoubtedly, the resource you offer (http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors) offers good starting points and broad strokes that are informative.  However,  many customers of any PMDG product likely have many other products going at the same time to increase realism.   Over time, you do learn to make adjustments, but the tendency for the 777 product to slowly consume memory happens to several people on this forum (I've reported it and have joined in on the threads where others report it), suggest that beyond the good starting points from Tabs/PMDG, the devil is in the details.  The combination of addons, tweaks, settings, nVidia inspector and myriad other things that a long-time enthusiast gets into culminate in a situation where the 777 seems to break the Camel's back.

Clearly OMDB is a heavy-duty addon and the "fidelity" race between plane folks like PMDG and high-fidelity scenery folks, like FlyTampa are starting to squeeze the middle. Prior to two months ago, I could fly long overnight flights with addons from every category used to improve the world in which I flew in (mesh, terrain textures, land class, clouds and weather, vector data, traffic addons, etc.  However, something is breaking/did break the camel's back and it is such a tangled web that I've pretty much given up.  When one is in the marginal category of "the few," these is not much to do.

Of course, I've never put in a ticket, so I can be faulted for that.

The 777 presents a new equation where you have to decide what is going to dominate: a great plane in a plain world, or a watered-down plane in a very enhanced world, or some holy grail of middle ground.

Most would agree that there is no simple answer as the problem has far too many variables to proffer simple solutions.  The info in the manual, which is always used as the central reference for the solution, really represents "low hanging fruit."  When the problem persists after that, you must untangle the web yourself and judiciously use the little snippets of hope that appear across various posts in the forums where the PMDG 777 is discussed.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.