Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyingjock1

Help Please 2-d cockpit

Guest flyingjock1

Hi AllSorry if this is the wrong forum but i was wondering if anyone out there could help. To explain. Loaded up FS2004 and started a flight. The create a flight went ok and i am now sitting in my cockpit on the runway waiting to take off.However my 2-d panel is as best i can explain it as if im zoomed right into it and its taking up most of the screen. If i use the alt key to bring up the options at the top of the screen, the normal sized 2-d panel appears but when i close it the zoomed in panel appears.Has anyone else experienced this and could suggest a solution. Thanx for taking the time to read this.Tom

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. Is it perhaps something to do with the screen size you have set--800x600,1200x1080 etc That does make a difference to the amount you see of the 2D cockpit I think.

Guest RonB49

Hi Tom,Have you tried different aircraft or different iterations of the same aircraft? Some planes have an "IFR" panel whose purpose is to allow practice of instrument procedures. Those panels do, by design, block most of the outside view. R-

Guest flyingjock1

Hi GuysThanx for taking the time to read and answer my query. I found a solution whilst trawling thru a few other forums. Apparently it boiled down to my video card. I have a Geforce 2 Tbird card using Nvidia drivers vers 61.72. Once i rolled them back to the version prior ie 56. something, the panels appeared as they should. Dont understand it but the antialiasing in the 61.72 drivers caused my panel to have a mind of its own. Anyway guys thanx.Tom