Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

System Unification.

Guest Edam

>Others, many of whom have ALSO NOT USED his services who might>suggest to you that they are worthless or could be gotten by a>simple search of this or any other forum's archives are>offering utterly ridiculous advice.Exactly. For one thing, they would have to search multiple forums, not to mention multiple sites for such "solutions," then copy and paste and print out all of the things that they find that may or may NOT work for their particular system, which I'm guessing would take MUCH longer than the time spent on the phone with Michael. BTW, what DID happen with that AVSIM review of the process?

Guest panda234

is your pension tagged for inflation? And even if it's not, what else would you spend it on? Think about that for a second. Anyhing else you can spend 60 bucks on that wuold give you more pleasure? So, do it. Who cares....?billg

I've been contemplating using this service as well. Just like many others, I don't have the time to try every tweak found here and on billions of other forums, often posted and suggested by posters whose own credentials aren't all that clear to me. The main issue I have is that I don't understand the term "system unification." I mean, I can see how someone would walk you through the process of upgrading your motherboard drivers, optimizing bios settings, etc. but what is "unifying" about that?Secondly, I'm still waiting for more precise numbers on what the results actually are.ricardo

If you have a medium knowledge of PC's and a good understanding on how FS works, I think that you could do just as good yourself using these forums. I think I would rather spend the 60 bucks on a nice new add on like the Level D 767, or a couple for that matter.

Someone may want to post a link for his service. ;-)Any search for tweaks, tips and such does take some work on one's part, and it does take some knowledge of your system and its mood swings to make it hum.I am not opposed to someone paying for this, I guess it all depends. for someone with a decent system, it might very well be worth while.I have what some consider a Very Low-End Machine, but I run a very complex system.1.2ghz Athlon512 mb ramGeForce FX5600 128mb ram.5 Different Windows XP hardware Profiles (3 of which I use, one safe and a backup)* See Black Viper website for details on this. Lowest has 13 Processes running. :-)4 Different FS9 Hardware Profiles.(Allows seperate keyboard commands for each, and settings)1) Helicopter2) Voice Recognition (disable network support, lock firewall, turn off spyware and virus protection) Very lean and mean.3) Heavy weather4) Planes that eat FPS for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cracker barrel. ;-)Multiple Windows XP User Profiles.2 Admin Profiles, one for Sony Clie wireless sync, and one to only be used if I need to run windows update.3 Limited User Profiles. Me, Wife, and kids, which I use WHENEVER I am online.Add up all those combinations and his service may run me hundreds, IMHO. ;-)There may be a couple things he could do for me, but I am very content with my setup, and any changes at this point would be cosmetic and destroy all the work I have already put into it, IMHO. Plus I enjoy knowing my system. When it breaks, I know where to look. I bought this one in February of 2001, and I don't plan another upgrade until FS10 comes out. :-)So what his service really does is buy back your time. Instead of learning what to tweak and investing the time to research, you are buying your time back from him. Pretty good marketing on his part, and no doubt a useful service for some.Regards,Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>Secondly, I'm still waiting for more precise numbers on what>the results actually are.I don't think you will ever get 'precise' numbers or any numbers for that matter. Things like 'no stutter', 'smooth' flying, 'sharp textures' are impossible to capture in numbers. Such results may also be so subjective that could explain why Avsim decided not to review it. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest flight

This is the best and unbiased reply concerning this topic I have ever read in this forum. Kudos to you mate...well said.

Guest flight

There are a couple real gems right in this post. Don't need to look very hard or very far.

Guest flight

I have read the raves given to Mr. Greenblatt on what he has done to every single person who has tried his services. I have yet to read one who said they didn't want to pay him for his services. Not even ONE.However, I have NEVER read a post where someone who has been trying to get there computer running FS9 smoothly has come into this forum and raved about how smooth and stutter free their computer is running since following ALL the advice given in this forum. True, some get things running maybe 2-3 fps more, but still complain of stutters. Generally, I read more "I tried all the tweaks and I'm fed up" than, "wow, after trying all the tweaks suggested in this forum, my computer now runs FS9 stutter free and smooooth". Nada. Never heard it.I would try Mr. Greenblatt's services if...1. I had the extra money.2. I wasn't considering purchasing a new computer.3. See number 1.I have spent untold hours and tried most every tweak mentioned in these forums to get FS9 running better, and each time I do, there's never ANY improvement. I usually undo all the tweaks and go back to running it "bare-bones".

Guest flight

Oooops. Finally found one. Wow. You seem to take his service pretty personal. May I ask why so angry?

Guest flight

Yeah, and then I can watch it on this great slideshow program I purchased...FS9.

I think lots of users would benefit from using the service. Both those who may not have enough knowledge to setup their FS9 - what to set all the settings to, which services to disable, what tweaks to apply etc. and those who simply don't have the TIME to mess with those things and just want to FLY.Anyone who feels their FS9 isn't working optimally (optimal: 100% fluid graphics, no jaggies or shimmering and sharp textures - this should be achievable on any mid-range to high-end system) and can't quite figure out why, should consider the service.THE important thing to note is that it's not MAGIC, and none of the information is SECRET - all the info is in the public domain and can easily be found by using the wonderful Google.I'm pretty sure I wouldn't benefit from using the service because1. I actually *enjoy* tweaking and setting up my system(s). I've always been like that, been taking things apart to find out how they work since I was a kid. I enjoy tinkering, not just with computers - I'm very much a DIY kind of person. So I don't at all mind spending a day trying out various tweaks, new drivers etc.2. Don't want to boast or anything but because of 1), I don't think it's possible to eek any more performance out of my system without replacing some hardware.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest av84fun

<>Your suggestion that the path toward optimization of one's FS9 experience can be found simply by searching forum archives is ridiculous. Have you actually run a searh on, for example, "blurries". You will get 383 on THIS forum. How about "stutters". There are over 800 sir. And how about the Grandaddy of them all..."fps" regarding which there are well over THREE THOUSAND posts.Nevermind the FACT that some of the advice on those subjects is characterized by some as the Holy Grail while others call the same advice...to use your vernacular...BS.You are also incredibly naive to suppose that the tyipcal FS9 forum viewer...of which there are tens of thousand, possess anything other than modest technical skills or training.You seem to think that YOU know what's best and maybe you do...but I somehow doubt it.Regards,Jim

Guest av84fun

<>I too, admire Sonar 5's post but with respect, I suggest that he has missed the point to some extent. The description of the complexity of his set up shows, without doubt, that his skills are very advanced and almost certainly well beyond those of the typical VIEWER of FS9 forums.Remember that there are many times more VIEWERS than members who contribute posts to these forums.The vast majority of FS9 users are GAMERS and not PC technicians.Regards,Jim

Guest glnflwrs

The operators of this service, of which I am only slightly familiar, have done the searching, the experimenting, the benchmarking, the documenting, of all or a large portion of the tweaks posted by savvy users on many sites, and have categorized the tweaks according to hardware/software configurations. They will not only tell you the most efficient configuration for your machine but will teach it to you so you will have a working knowledge of what works best for your situation. All of this is a service to be valued on a personal basis to be sure. One man's treasure.... as they say.Unification = to orient all efforts to one purpose ie: all your PC's capabilities geared to run MSFS at its best.Glenn"When a man learns how much he doesn't know compared to how much there is to learn, he starts getting smarter."