Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

System Unification.

Guest flight

Actually, I was referring to what av84fun had said.

>>Others, many of whom have ALSO NOT USED his services who>might>>suggest to you that they are worthless or could be gotten by>a>>simple search of this or any other forum's archives are>>offering utterly ridiculous advice.>>Exactly. For one thing, they would have to search multiple>forums, not to mention multiple sites for such "solutions,">then copy and paste and print out all of the things that they>find that may or may NOT work for their particular system,>which I'm guessing would take MUCH longer than the time spent>on the phone with Michael. >>BTW, what DID happen with that AVSIM review of the process? >Searching multiple forums may take more time, but it also doesn't cost $60.I'll take the "free" over the "not free" anytime when it accomplishes the same exact thing.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest RGH

Thanks once again to all who replied to me.Yes I have learned one thing, that is, don't mess about with an expensive system if you are not sure of what you are doing. My PC is two weeks old and I have just had to format my disk and reinstall!!! Say no more. I now realize that I do need help so I will be contacting Michael Greenblatt in the near future for an appointment.Regards to you all. RexRig Athlon 64FX55, Windows XP Home, 2GB of DDR400 Ram, 300GB Serial ATA HDD, 2xNvidia 6600 GT in SLI

RGH, welcome to the circus. Did you get your system unified yet?I think it is a good idea. Let someone else do the work and I can flyJimCYWG unified.

This is really a question of whether or not you personally are seeking the kind of service FS-GS offers. What you get from Mr. Greenblatt is this: undivided attention for hours of 1:1 communication on exactly what to change, configure, install, uninstall, etc to get your machine working as well as it is capable of (at least it will be performing noticably better, or I believe you don't pay). Now, the second part of this, whether or not Greenblatt's configuration compares favorably against the best of advice you can seek out here. One version requires $$ and some concentrated "work" together, the other version is free, but you get no assurances, you may not even be asking the correct questions, there is some risk if you are not overly savvy with PC stuff that perhaps you could create some problems, plus it could take quite some time to sort through the various suggestions. So, you get what you pay for in my opinion. I believe you can get good advice here for certain, and I also will testify that Mr. Greenblatt did in fact take my machine and improve FS' visuals and performance. Moreover, I can duplicate the settings and changes adequately to generalize what I learned from Mr. Greenblatt. Worth the $$ IMO.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Ditto. Same here, but had fun "unifying" though.

Any praise regarding the value of this service would be, for me, like preaching to the converted, but anyone currently in need of help and has now read Noel's post would be well advised to take notice for, as I recall from several months back, he was tough to persuade to take that initial step. ;)Mike

I was waiting for that Mike :()

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Owen, what exactly do you mean by "open minded", does that mean you have to believe FS runs better for it to actually run better? It's just a strange way to put it that's all. I'm not saying this to heckle you or to criticize you in any way, actually I have been considering trying Michael's service, but I'm hoping you clarify what exactly "open minded" really means. Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I didn't take the "open minded" comment as fishy. Whether one "unifies" their system oneself, or uses someone's service, there's compromises and ideas that one may/should try. A good example is the "intelligent" keyboard that puts you a button press away from your email, allow you to adjust your volume, etc. People may love 'em, but if I were unifying someone's system, the first thing I would ask them to try would be disabling the driver. Why? In my own experience, once such driver that came bundled with a keyboard caused a pronounced stutter in MSFS. Not all keyboards and drivers are culprits, but the point is you need to be willing to sacrifice or perform trials sometimes in order to tune your system for best MSFS performance. I believe that's what Owen meant by "open minded", that's all.-John

John, Where did I say fishy!? ;-) Thanks for explaining open minded, but "open mided" could mean so many things, so that's why I asked the question.I hate these stupid smiles by the way, but I guess sometimes people don't know how to take what you are saying. (Thinking aloud)Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I've been on the fence about trying Mr. Greenblatt's service. This topic has helped me crystallize a decision to try it and ASAP. My reasons are:(1) Because of the way I have built, maintained, and tweaked it, my PC and O/S is a uniquely complicated system.(2) FS9.1 and the add-ons I use with it are also a uniquely complicated software system.(3) The interaction between "my" PC and "my" FS9 adds another opportunity for either synergy or destructive interference.(4) I've tried many "tweaks" with varied results - most commonly no major improvement. I still don't have much sense of "cause and effect".(5) I've gotten a lot of help from the FS community via this and other forums for which I am very grateful. However, I also have a backlog of some problems that no one else has apparently experienced.(6) I'm tempted by faster hardware but tortured by the suspicion that it either won't "solve" my performance problems or would be compensating for deficiences that, "system unification" might solve much more cheaply.(7) I want graphics quality and smoothness - not more FPS - which is a central part of Mr. Greenblatt's offering. (8) I hope to learn more my hardware and software "cause and effect" in the process.(9) I'm intrigued (and reassured) by someone who has enough confidence in what they do to take payment after services are rendered.(10) Even though I don't expect it is , I'd be satisfied with (and willing to pay for) an INFORMED judgement that what I have now is already, "the best that it can be"I'll report back.........