Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

V2.3 is Released Woo Hoo

Ok ... Let's start downloading fellas  :)

Post your initial thoughts here .....

Paul

And Adam Breed said that there would be plenty of notice before the release. That was a good surprise.  :lol:

144MB patch. Already downloaded.

Bob

It is odd that after running the patch, under help in the menu bar, I read 2.2.10437.  and NOT 2.3.xxx

odd

It is odd that after running the patch, under help in the menu bar, I read 2.2.10437.  and NOT 2.3.xxx

odd

Yes that is odd. Mine is "calculating space requirements". Never ever used a patch which takes so long as P3D to get it together and patch the dang thing.

Bob

odd

It is also odd that my Prepar3D executable is still dated 4/3/2014

with nothing at all in the main folder dated today?

Did not update?

And is it the install that changed my time settings?

It is also odd that my Prepar3D executable is still dated 4/3/2014

with nothing at all in the main folder dated today?

Did not update?

And is it the install that changed my time settings?

How long did it take once you started the patch process for it to finish?

The reason I ask is that mine has been going for 10 minutes. The progress bar is moving, but very slowly. There must be tons of logic or something for it to take this long.

Bob

The reason I ask is that mine has been going for 10 minutes. The progress bar is moving, but very slowly. There must be tons of logic or something for it to take this long.

Bob

Not very long at all maybe 1 minute

did it another time, just now, same thing, one minute or so/ must require a re-download? re-install?

I always found the full install best but I have so much in there already, and I am lazy

Downloaded full install -- have a brand new Samsung EVO 500GB SSD for P3DV2.3's new home. Took 28 minutes for download - not too shabby.

Now to get it installed.

Lyn

Patch completed, ran the exe and in 10 seconds it froze. Rebooting and will try again.

Bob

Bob

Mine being on an SSD I was not surprised it was fast, but apparently nothing got updated, twice...

Patch completed, ran the exe and in 10 seconds it froze. Rebooting and will try again.

Bob

Seems I am lucky mine did NOT update, at least it does not crash with the old version 2.2.10437