Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

V2.3 is Released Woo Hoo

Everyone needs to take a big deep breath. Remember if this was easy then Microsoft or Xplane would have done it. Pete is usually on top of things and I would not be surprised to see that he has the new code in his back pocket just waiting to see the release.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Rich...I am sooooooooooo bummed out.  I can't un-install v2.2 from my system. I am trying to install 2.3 into the same 2.2 folder by the full install...and it is not crashing...but just sitting for 15 minutes at about 70-80 percent complete.  This...is not a smooth, pain-free upgrade.  Not at all. This SHOULD have been.

What the hell, LM?!?  It should have been able to be patched from the HOT FIX installation.  Like nobody was going to add that?!?   Not cool.....

Yikes Buddy - what your doing is not a good idea - I would have tried installing it into another directory - better yet a second hard rive still waiting for a response from Rob if this is possible do not want to loose what I have until developers upgrade for 2.3 - sure is tempting

Rich Sennett

Patch installed fine for me. "Computing Space Requirements" part does take a while. I had deleted some of the old cfg files and let them be rebuilt and deleted shader cache.

I do get a complaint at startup for ORBX obectflow.dll not tested with the new version of P3D... I said run anyway and things seem to work OK. ORBX will probably publish a new library for the new patch.

Performance wise, I am seeing that all cores of my i5-3570K are being used (no more affinity mask needed now)... getting less stutters around KSEA and FPS has gone up from 30 to high 30's and low 40's in the KSEA area. That is an improvement for my system.

Water/waves textures in distance sometimes seems to shimmer strangely, not sure what that is about. Backed off Rex4 water stuff and still getting some strange shimmering. Will play around with that a little.

I like the patch so far!

Not going to touch this update, especially after I applied the hotfix and now I need to re calibrate the Flux Capacitor in order to get 2.3

"I'm done....I finally got the P3D v.2.3 installer to fully load out.  I then got to the license screen..and validated my license. Got that done.

What is the result?  P3D v2.3 crashes...and crashes...and crashes some more.   I am done...I'm am bringing back my total system image and be done with it.  This was a bust. 

Ya this isnt working for me...First I did the patch then the full thing and re-installed all scenery addons....ORBX Global and Vector with the updates and latest libs with lcEU and all im getting is a CTD every time even at the scenario screen. I re-installed ASN too...

Looks like this is gonna be a while till I start flying again.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Ya this isnt working for me...First I did the patch then the full thing and re-installed all scenery addons....ORBX Global and Vector with the updates and latest libs with lcEU and all im getting is a CTD every time even at the scenario screen. I re-installed ASN too...

All the present ORBX object flows DO NOT WORK WITH 2.3....this is at least one of the items crashing out v2.3.   My install is so screwed up now..the only option of have at this time, is to do a complete system image import.  I am in the process of un-installing 2.3 just to see if their script will do it. Their 2.2 sure didn't!

Really can't say I'm surprised about all this. Quite clearly LM have learned nothing from previous updating debacles. This is so disappointing and is now starting to undermine my faith in the project. Bet those still on FSX are feeling pretty smug right now.

I'm not even going to attempt an update/reinstall until this is worked out. Why oh why didn't they pay heed to the difficulties experienced by many of us last time around?

Very sad!

Mike

Well, disabling FSUIPC did it for me. No more crashes.

Sorry many of you still having issues.

Bob

Well.

Deleted files as Rob stated even though I was running the newest hotfix version.

So, deleted files...then ran the installer patch. Computing space part took a while, probably 5 minutes and then patch installed perfect. Started P3D and flew around for about 30 minutes, switching to a bunch of my aircraft. No crash, nothing. Lighting looks WAY better.

I noticed my addons menu is gone though, so will have to wait for FSUIPC to be updated I guess....no big deal. Should be ready by the weekend, and then I can play and set up FSUIPC and LINDA again. Funny thing is, even though it seemed FSUIPC wasn't working, the Aerosoft airbus worked perfect.

Will have to re-map all my bindings though, as I forgot to back that file up I think....oh well.

You must remember that LM is building a product which runs on its own merit not with payware addons - that will have to be addressed by all of the payware developers this is the reason many have not decided to get involved till the dust clears - If I cant install both versions at the same time I am not installing anything until developers are on board as 2.2 is pretty good all ready

FSUIPC is not needed and I suggest an install with full installer - patch is not the way to go with a sim with all the addons that are not updated - pretty simple concept

Rich Sennett

I totally agree, I'm pretty upset...There goes my whole evening trying to just not get a CTD...I can't even spawn my default plane anymore JUST with FTX Global scenery with vector & nothing else installed (this is without the patch too and a WHOLE fresh install on a just freshly formatted system lolll)

I don't understand...U need to be a software developer and an engineer to just fly a sim these days. I feel sorry for the people who aren't even on these boards lol.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Now I am glad I was held back with a false update due to my own stupidity

I still have my full 2.2 setup

Flying through Italy right now too

by the time FSUIPC is fixed I will be ready for any problems

Lots of changes to Sim Director and Pro Plus. My 2.2 patched fine to 2.3. OPUSFSX (3.50) and OPUSFSI  ( 4.0 beta 23) both work fine as does everything ORBX (except Object Flows which warns you not to load it) and any aircraft that I've tested so far that worked okay in 2.2.

The water looks better and performance with heavy cloud cover is better. It looks like from the Learning Center that 2.3 will now save your panel state. Else performance appears identical. One CPU core is pinned most of the time and there is no discernible FPS change. I can't say whether the sim is smoother or not, because I rarely had stuttering with 2.2.

P3D v2.3 crashes...and crashes...and crashes some more

Try this, rename Prepar3d.cfg, exe.xml and dll.xml all to something else. Then trying running P3d 2.3 again.

"2.3 will now save your panel state"

My panel states have always been saved

Rich Sennett

Here are some changes I have noticed. Colors, weather density and my computers ability to handle it....and call me crazy, but my rendering, as in AA looks better. Never had such sharp, jagged free visuals in P3D before.

2014-8-11_21-8-22-542_zpsb70662b4.png

2014-8-11_21-3-41-875_zps2cc13753.png

2014-8-11_21-1-33-905_zps4aea688f.png

2014-8-11_20-54-23-482_zps67f97b4f.png

2014-8-11_21-15-57-875_zpsd939f10e.png