Sign in to follow this  
737freak

Floating jetway wheels?

How do I fix the floating jetway issue?

02456bb7bd.jpg

Can I change the jetway height in ADE?

Thank you! :)

Henk de Vries

Not a pmdg issue, but a fsx quirk. You will need AES from Aerosoft to use at AES designated airports to fix that.

Not sue if ADE can fix that Henk, but someone with ADE knowledge hopefully can shed some light.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is a bug in FSX, the wheels are supposed to stay locked to the ground but it was broken in SP2. Hopefully something LM can fix in P3D

So...basically the 777 is unusable with one of the essential default features of FSX?

I use AES wherever possible (read: where I own a scenery that supports it).

Henk de Vries

So...basically the 777 is unusable with one of the essential default features of FSX?

haha - you're arguing that the 777 is "unusable" because of a default FSX animation that has no bearing on actually flying the plane?

That's...that's a new level for me.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - you're arguing that the 777 is "unusable" because of a default FSX animation that has no bearing on actually flying the plane?

That's...that's a new level for me.

Oh dear....no, that was not what I meant, but it may have come across like that.

I stated that the *combination*  of using the 777 & the default jetways make the default animation unusable for me. I love the T7 and I wouldn't call it 'unusable' in a million years. :P

Henk de Vries

Oh dear....no, that was not what I meant, but it may have come across like that.

haha - good to know!

Kyle Rodgers

Don't ask me where I found this because I can't remember but this fix does help. The bridge doesn't line up 100% plumb with the aircraft but it's a hell of a lot better than what your seeing now.

On the Z coordinate in the Exits section of the aircraft.cfg file, change the 12.X whatever PMDG entered to an 8 and you'll be much more pleased with the vertical alignment.  The jetways will no longer jump into and hang in mid air to meet the deck - they align pretty much right on (as far as appearances go).

Thank you very Chris, that was a good suggestion: it worked, I even lowered the 2L exit to 7 and moved it outwards on the Y-axis a lbit (-9, default -8). The jetway is only hovering a little bit now.

997dc0ff72.jpg 

Henk de Vries