Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

R.I.P Robin Williams

I remember the first time I seen him and heard the name Robin Williams.

It was an episode of Happy Days where he played Mork. The same character he would become famous for the next year with Mork and Mindy.

Its a very sad day for everyone. May he rest in peace....

Craig.

Truly a sad day and a huge loss for the world. R.I.P.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Goood moooorning Vietnam! God bless you Robin, you enriched so many lives. RIP my friend x

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I was a kid when Mork & Mindy first came out and I loved that show. Robin Williams was extraordinary throughout his career. I was first aware of his troubles when my brother who was in San Francisco at a open mic night in a comedy club said this very drunk man came in with a parka, looked like a homeless guy, sat at the bar and was making strange laughs at everything, it got to the point when the bouncers came over to kick him out was when his parka came off, and it was Robin Williams.

So Robin got up and took the mic, he was very drunk but my brother said it was one of the funniest things he had ever seen in his life. He was an hour up there and the entire bar was blown away. This is by his abilities to make other people laugh for which he was extremely gifted. This was a long time ago now but hearing it sort of raised suspicions for me. Very sad to hear this as I think most of our families do have someone in our family trees that have or continue to suffer with this sort of thing. Amazing life and career and I wish he is now at peace, and all the best to his family.

Matthew Kane

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As someone who was a victim of Encephalits when I was in my teens, I was especially touched by Robin William's dramatic work as demonstrated in Awakenings or Good Will Hunting.  I've always lived under the spectre of the damage that caused me when I was younger and Awakenings was as much a public service movie for those who aren't aware that comatose patients may have an awareness of their surroundings and know when their loved ones are with them.  I also think Good Will Hunting demonstrated that in spite of how Robin was lost, he still used healing, humor and took roles outside of the comic genius he was known for.  As an actor he was a risk taker.

Finally, Robin's loss may bring greater awareness to depression and hopefully reduce the stigma behind it.  Depression is first and foremost a chemical imbalance that can be brought on by stress, grief, guilt or too much happiness.  Those who suffer from it I encourage you, if one medication does not work, try another and work with your doctor.  Also, use diet and exercise to fight it.  Robin's depression may have markedly worsened when his heart started giving him trouble--when not enough oxygen gets thru your system it can send our mood spiraling downward quickly.

Rest in Happiness Robin--you deserve it.

John

Well they say that when there is a high profile suicide such as this it causes an increase in suicide in the general population. One of my brothers also struggled with depression and was having a bad week, decided he would end his life on 13-August 2014 following the high profile exposure of this case in all the media. Robin showed him that there was a way out after all.

We wont be watching his movies on my house any more

Matthew Kane

After watching what my brother-in-law has gone through with Parkinson's, I understand why he took this course of action. It is a hideous malady.

After watching what my brother-in-law has gone through with Parkinson's, I understand why he took this course of action. It is a hideous malady.

Most end of life diseases are terrible, it's just part of life, certainly a crappy part. I would of thought he'd leave a kind departing note or video if his suicide was planned due to Parkinson's. I think it was more of a depression suicide where not a care in the world was given at that time.

Could be. I guess we'll never know. Very sad.

Well they say that when there is a high profile suicide such as this it causes an increase in suicide in the general population. One of my brothers also struggled with depression and was having a bad week, decided he would end his life on 13-August 2014 following the high profile exposure of this case in all the media. Robin showed him that there was a way out after all.

We wont be watching his movies on my house any more

There is really no answer for situations like that. Its tragedy all around, and the survivors pick up the pieces.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Depression is an awful thing to go through, I have been to the dark depths of depression, I have stared death in the face many times, I guess I am one of the lucky ones to have had that split second thought to stop what I am doing and try and work around the dark road at the bottom of the deep dark hole I was dragged into by depression. I also suffer from severe anxiety which is a terrible thing to suffer from 24/7 for weeks sometimes even months on end, that attracts depression too. I am on the right medication now to prevent the depression and severe anxiety from coming back, I was hospitalized once by my family for fear I would take my own life, I never speak about it, but I thought I might share my experiences for those that may have suffered from depression and anxiety and for those that may be suffering currently. Its hard, but there is light at the end of that dark dark tunnel you feel trapped in. 

There is really no answer for situations like that. Its tragedy all around, and the survivors pick up the pieces.

Thanks Devon. He was a well liked guy and a lot of love has been pouring in from around the world. We are a Celtic family so we typically celebrate life and not mourn the loss. We have been sharing lots of stories these past few weeks with family and friends. He will be missed.

Depression is an awful thing to go through, I have been to the dark depths of depression, I have stared death in the face many times, I guess I am one of the lucky ones to have had that split second thought to stop what I am doing and try and work around the dark road at the bottom of the deep dark hole I was dragged into by depression. I also suffer from severe anxiety which is a terrible thing to suffer from 24/7 for weeks sometimes even months on end, that attracts depression too. I am on the right medication now to prevent the depression and severe anxiety from coming back, I was hospitalized once by my family for fear I would take my own life, I never speak about it, but I thought I might share my experiences for those that may have suffered from depression and anxiety and for those that may be suffering currently. Its hard, but there is light at the end of that dark dark tunnel you feel trapped in. 

Sorry to hear mate. A friend recently shared this with me as he compared Thor Harris's struggles to what my brother had been going through as well. Kind of sheds a light on things for others who may not understand. Keep strong mate

Matthew Kane