Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

I'm amazed at how smooth the update went here, I just followed Rob's instructions (except for the downgrade part, I felt adventurous, lol!).

Thanks Rob, for all the feedback from the beta, and the nice upgrade instructions. You are truly "the people's champion" among the P3D beta testers. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I know i shouldn't be asking general questions here but im too lazy to open a new topic just for one simple question :P , did anyone have any conflicting problems between P3D and FSX if they're on the same drive ?

Can anybody tell me, how to update to 2.3, do I need to place the msp file somewhere?

I thought it would be running an exe, but when I try to open, it ask me, which programm I like to use to open the file...I'm confused.

Sven

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

I just patched my 2.2.10438 to 2.3. Works absolutely fine. So there is no need to do a repair to revert back to 10437!

I deleted all the directories as advised, ran the patch and then inserted the relevant modules back into the newly built exe.xml and dll.xml one by one. This way you can make sure that you identify those modules that need updates and you can exclude them for now.

Just for information: Umberto has already uploaded the new Coutl version...

Same here. I deleted the folders as advised and patched 2.2.10438 to 2.3. After replacing the new scenery.cfg with the old one, I did run the FSaddon stand-alone manager which gave me a new dll.xml and exe.xml. Then I have copied my entries from the the old dll.xml into the new one but left the ASN entry alone. Last action was to replace my fsuipc.dll with version 2934f. Everything runs like before and better. :rolleyes:  Only issue, current ASN P3D does not work with P3Dv2.3. But HiFi is working on a compatible version.

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I know i shouldn't be asking general questions here but im too lazy to open a new topic just for one simple question :P , did anyone have any conflicting problems between P3D and FSX if they're on the same drive ?

I got both FSX and P3D on the same drive (F:\MFSX and F:\P3D2).

No conflicts whatsoever.

Why is it recommended to revert to the pre-hotfix build of 2.2? The LM download page states that the 2.3 update should be compatible to both versions...?

Prepar3D® v2.2 to v2.3 Academic Patch – Only use if you have version 2.2.10437.0 or 2.2.10438.0 installed!

Why is it recommended to revert to the pre-hotfix build of 2.2? The LM download page states that the 2.3 update should be compatible to both versions...?

Prepar3D® v2.2 to v2.3 Academic Patch – Only use if you have version 2.2.10437.0 or 2.2.10438.0 installed!

It is not necessary. See my posting three positions above. I patched the post-hotfix build of v2.2 (2.2.10438).

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

That distinctly said "Only use if you have version 2.2.10437.0 installed" yesterday when I downloaded the patch, they changed it obviously, maybe someone forgot about the hotfix when they typed up the instructions?

That distinctly said "Only use if you have version 2.2.10437.0 installed" yesterday when I downloaded the patch, they changed it obviously, maybe someone forgot about the hotfix when they typed up the instructions?

I noticed the change too, I think you're right, somebody forgot the hotfix.

This is what I had to do with my Pro Plus version ... the repair was suggested by LM to get back to 2.2.10437.0.  But you are correct the download page indicates 2.2.10437.0 or 2.2.10438.0 should work with the patch ... in my case the RC's didn't work on 2.2.10438.0, so I had to go the repair route so I was sharing that process here for those having issues with the patch.

Like others have reported, applying the patch from 2.2.10438.0 has worked for them.  This is good news.

LM's recommended process is a full install (per your account download page).

Some of the 3rd party products I did test for 2.3:

1.  Virtuali - no go (add-on manager which basically means no FSDT and/or FB airports) - will need an update

2.  FSUIPC (Pete provided a DLL to Beta team) - good to go

3.  ASN - no go - will need an update

4.  Orbx ObjectFlow (was provided a beta version but I'm sure official update will be out soon) didn't get to test all their P3DV2.x airports

5.  Orbx Vector - good to go

6.  Orbx OpenLC - good to go

5.  GoFlight - good to go

6.  Saitek - good to go

7.  REX 4 TD - good to go 

8.  Captain Sim 777, L1011 - good to go

9.  NE (Night Environment) - good to go

10. Aerosoft Twin Otter, Airbus X, all their P3D V2.x airports (AES obviously not) - good to go

11. Carenado B1900, B200, Phenom, Seneca - good to go

12. A2A C172R, Cherokee - good to go

13. MJC Q400 - good to go (except tall bridge/pylon issue which they are working on a fix for) 

14. Alabeo C177, C195, DA40, PA38, PiperSport, R66 - good to go

15. PILOTS FTX Edition mesh - good to go

16. LLH Creations - Courchevel

17. Flight Replicas DH114 - good to go

18. FS Commander 9.5.1 - good to go (connect via FSUIPC wideFS)

NOTE: not saying these products were bug free, but they worked as well as or better than they did in P3D v2.2

What I did NOT get around to testing that worked in v2.2:

1.  PILOT's FSGRW

2.  UK 2000 Heathrow

3.  Sim720 P3DV2.x Airports (Augusta, Santa Barbara, Inverness, Oban, Stornoway)

4.  OpusFSX

5.  AivalaSoft EFB

6.  FlyTampa - Boston, Dubai, Grenadines, Hong Kong, Maarten Complete 1.7, Montreal, Vienna

7.  MilViz - Bell 407, B-55

8.  LatinVFR - KSAN

9.  Quality Wings BAe-146

10.  Real Air (Duke, Duke 2, Legacy, Turbine Duke)

I didn't get around to these last 10 items simply because I didn't have time.

Cheers, Rob.

You are awesome Rob!  Thanks so much for passing your knowledge and experience on to us.

Scott

Key files are:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

- Scenery.cfg

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

- DLL.XML

- EXE.XML

- SimConnect.xml

- /Controls/*.xml  (joystick/device controller configurations)

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

- Saved Flights (not critical)

- SimConnect.INI (logging SimConnect)

Do NOT copy over your old v2.2 Prepar3d.cfg.

The key files you mention, are these the ONLY files that you return to the new 2.3 folders. Or am I missing the blunt of your explanation?

Nick Sciortino

are these the ONLY files that you return to the new 2.3 folders

Yes, these are the only files, do NOT copy them all back.

If you are doing a full install then do not copy the Scenery.cfg back as you will need to re-install all your scenery products and they will update this.  Only copy the Scenery.cfg back if you are doing the patch.

After you copy the EXE.XML and DLL.XML back you will need to edit both those files (and disable entries) if you know you have products that are not compatible yet with 2.3.

Definitely do NOT copy the Prepar3D.cfg back. 

Cheers, Rob.