Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

When starting P3D I got an automatic update message from objectflow, very nice!

I was hoping that would happen, sounds like Orbx are on top of it, excellent news.

Cheers, Rob.

Some of the 3rd party products I did test for 2.3:..

Awesome work on all the testing Rob!! I know you mentioned this was equivalent to a second full-time job, and we can certainly appreciate why... 

Thanks for the list of tested addons, Rob.

I can add a couple to that list:

-Carenado C337

-Carenado C152

-Migration Tool seems to work for installing addons, but legacy mode is not supported

Does anyone have any news about FSG2010 for FTX yet?

Cheers!

Maarten

Glad to see a list will help others to know when they may load up 2.3 - thanks

Rich Sennett

You need to make sure you backup 3 directories and delete 4 directories before you applying the patch.

Cheers, Rob.

Followed your guidance, downloaded FSUIPC update and the patch went perfectly. Orbx OF updated automatically. A2A Cherokee and Cessna work perfectly (and I now have strobe, nav and landing lights on the former). So thanks Rob - would have been a dogs dinner otherwise.

Loving the update - performance is fabulous and smooth. Did some night flying around Prince Rupert in Orbx PNW. Don't know if they were there before but the channel buoys are all flashing away. Brilliant immersion - of course needed for those who use boats and ships in the sim - but a first in my simming experience.

Now if only there were more hours in the day.

Cheers

Peter

1. Virtuali - no go (add-on manager which basically means no FSDT and/or FB airports) - will need an update

As I have posted before: Umberto from FSDT had already uploaded the new add-on manager this morning. So if you have installed any FSDT products, you just need to download the new add-on manager from the FSDT website and install it. After that, all FSDT products work fine with v2.3.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Does anyone have any news about FSG2010 for FTX yet?

I think that was in my good to go list. (did I miss it?)

Umberto from FSDT had already uploaded the new add-on manager this morning.

Just confirmed, yes new version .. excellent.

3rd party are responding very quickly.

Cheers, Rob.

So thanks Rob - would have been a dogs dinner otherwise.

Loving the update - performance is fabulous and smooth. Did some night flying around Prince Rupert in Orbx PNW. Don't know if they were there before but the channel buoys are all flashing away. Brilliant immersion - of course needed for those who use boats and ships in the sim - but a first in my simming experience.

Glad you like ... at least you wouldn't turn me into sushi.  I must admit, v2.3 has made me want to fly at night now ... the night lighting feels so much better ... toss in a little winter snow, some night lights, great textures, some delicious clouds, a little wind to bring up the waves, moon reflection on the waves ... be sure to checkout some of the Bathymetry areas (East and West Coast US and Hawaii) ... wave height changes with water depth (I think this is new for 2.3).

Hopefully there is enough to keep folks busy until v2.4 is released later this year.

Cheers, Rob.

Holy cow - will there be an easier way to update or is this it for now?

And mines not working....  I run the msi file and the installer just says "computing space requirements"

If I get it working how do I then install my old addons?  What about TIR profile and controls?  Can I just recopy those controls files into the directories I deleted them from?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just have to repeat that I haven't had any problems with patching (and, yes, I have had the hotfix applied)

In my opinion, the key is in peoples DLL.xml or EXE.xml.

Be sure to disable all entries and try running P3D v2.3

I just saw this and wondering if you really have your P3dV2.2 upgraded to 2.3. Rob specifically stated the folder that contains the dll.xml, exe.xml, the p3d.cfg, etc., must be deleted before applying the patch. So those the dll.xml and exe.xml are not even seen by an upgraded installation and will have nothing to do with your upgrade as the upgrade will create new ones. Remember, when you patch 2.2 to 2.3, the installer will state it has completed successfully even if it didn't complete successfully. If you look at the P3D.exe version in your P3D folder you will see it was not updated by looking at the date of the file. If it's not the date you installed the update, then your upgrade was not successful.

Apologize if this has already been brought to your attention.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is Carenado aircraft (aerosoft airports - flytampa - Flightbeam) working in2.3 ? if so I'm off to the races - thank you

Ooops just saw Robs list - thank you Rob

Rich Sennett

After all my hesitation, decided there was nothing to lose in trying the patch - so applied it over 2.2.10438 with no rollback to 10437.  Seems to have worked perfectly.  Still sorting out some small glitches (Opus doesn't want to communicate it but I might have downloaded the wrong version or otherwise misconfigured something).  But overall, it seems like a huge improvement - tried a short flight in an urban area with the gray and rainy theme and cloud shadows on - that would have been a performance killer in 2.2 but it ran very smoothly.  Heading off now to explore some more.

After all my hesitation, decided there way nothing to lose in trying the patch - so applied it over 2.2.10438 with no rollback to 10437.  Seems to have worked perfectly.  Still sorting out some small glitches (Opus doesn't want to communicate it but I might have downloaded the wrong version or otherwise misconfigured something).  But overall, it seems like a huge improvement - tried a short flight in an urban area with the gray and rainy theme and cloud shadows on - that would have been a performance killer in 2.2 but it ran very smoothly.  Heading off now to explore some more.

Alan great news - thanks for sharing

Rich Sennett

Hi all,

FWIW, i had 2.2.10438 and patched it (before seeing this thread) and have no problems. Didn't delete any files, just backed up the \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder just in case, used 4934f FSUIPC and deleted the ASN entry from dll.xml before patching.

All seems to be working as it should, but im losing half my FPS when i have to access the top menu, and also can't reactivate SweetFX after deactivating it ingame. These 2 problems didn't happen before.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Opus doesn't want to communicate it but I might have downloaded the wrong version or otherwise misconfigured something

As suspected - operator error.  I mistakenly tried to run the client instead of the server software on a single-PC system.  Too many moving parts.  Opus is fine and all is well.

I applied the patch before I was aware of Rob's installation instructions. Fortunately I had not applied the hotfix.

What should I do now? Reinstall the patch using Rob's method?

The P3D exe file shows as the patch date but the P3D.exe xml file (whatever that does) shows 16-Oct-2010

Cheers

Steve Hall