Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

That indicates to me the patch did not take. Like I said before, no matter what you do, follow Rob's instructions or just run the upgrade, it will always show the patch successfully installed. That's what I thought until I ran P3D. I thought it had worked as I had a new fsx.cfg and it started up differently and all of my settings were at the default. I had the default scenery as I had moved the scenery.cfg folder to a temporary location as Rob suggested. Then I saw the nasty blue issue caused when testillation(sp) is enabled and thought that was one of the issues fixed. I decided to check out the main P3D folder and saw nothing in that folder had changed. All the dates were back when I first installed P3D. I decided to delete those folders that Rob had suggested (had already backed up the originals) and run the patch again. The installer stated the patch was successfully installed. I looked in the main P3D folder and saw that the P3D.exe date had not changed and checked its properties and saw that it was still at v2.2. Tried the upgrade again and it said the upgrade was successfully installed. Yes, it made a dll.xml and a dll.exe, and a new fsx.cfg but the product was not upgraded as the p3d.exe still showed the old version. I decided to download the complete 2.3 version and uninstalled all of my addons and p3d while waiting for the download to complete. I installed the new version and now my P3D.exe shows the 2.3 version. I'm telling everyone who upgraded to the latest version by installing the patch to check their version of the P3D.exe located in the main P3D folder. If it doesn't say the version is 2.3.11345.0, then your upgrade was unsuccessful.

BluePrint and FlightBeam products have not been upgraded yet to the latest but since FS Dreamteam stuff has been upgraded, I expect those products to be upgraded soon.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I followed Rob's instructions to the letter and the patch over my 2.2.10438 to 2.3.11345.0 went perfectly.  Thanks Rob,  you have done great work in keeping us all informed and showing the way to getting it right.  Kudos!, we all owe you a beer (that should keep you in beer for a long time!).

Thanks Rob,......  Kudos!, we all owe you a beer (that should keep you in beer for a long time!).

+1 :)

Guinness Stout please ;)

Hopefully more are getting to enjoy their v2.3

Cheers, Rob.

Rob said "Definitely do NOT copy the Prepar3D.cfg back. "

Rob I put the p3d cfg back but still have a copy of the original update one - would you recommend switching them now ?

Thanks for all your help with installation - could not have done it without you.

Denis B

How do I restore my controls setup?

Last time I had a heck of a time even getting controls to stick between restarts.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just saw this and wondering if you really have your P3dV2.2 upgraded to 2.3.

Hello Jim,

of course I'm sure that I have upgraded. One proof is the much better performance, but I also checked the P3D.exe version: 2.3.11345.0

As I said I followed Robs steps and deleted this stuff, but after the Patch I coiped back the DLL.xml and the EXE.xml (followed by a crash of the sim)

Then I disabled all entries step by step to find out what is causing the crashes.

there are several candidates: 

FSUIPC

ASN

ObjectFlow

and others

Disabling or patch them (if available) and I have a superb, patched, stable version 2.3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FSUIPC has been upgraded, you'll need to get the new one.  ASN does not work with v2.3 yet.  Don't know about the others.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

How do I restore my controls setup?

Last time I had a heck of a time even getting controls to stick between restarts.

You just need to replace the new Standard.xml and Standard.xmlx files in the folder C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls with the ones from your v2.2 installation (which you hopefully saved prior to patching).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Jim,

Are you sure of your statement about the exe file and date? I did the patch update following Rob's instructions and everything went well. Got a message from Orbx at the first start up about the new Object Mover and have much, much better performance right away, but my exe still says version 2.210438.0 date modified 4/10/2014. If what you said is true, then something's not right as my performance is drastically improved. Gee, what might it be if I am yet to experience the real deal? If mine has not updated, then it is sure fooling me.

Can someone else who did the patch upgrade check this out?

Thanks.

Howard

A couple more for the list of working addons:

-FSG2010 for FTX works fine, but make sure to (re)install FTX Global afterwards, but I think that's a given.

-And Mindstar GNS 430/530 does give an error message at startup because of a fault in .pnl-file, it asks to delete the file so a new one can be generated (found in the 'my documents/Prepar3d v2'-folder) and this seems to work.

This addon is still pretty new to me and I havent used it in depth and I havent had time to do an extensive test yet, so I can only confirm basic functions.

Cheers!

Maarten

Why would FTX Global need to be installed after installing a mesh product? I don't see where the interaction is.

I dont really know the details, but I read in several places already that FXTG should be installed last when installing scenery.

I had FTXG already isntalled when I installed FSG2010 and afterwards I saw fast flashes of dark colored 'squares' over scenery and around the aircraft. Reinstalling FTXG fixed this.

Cheers!

Maarten

Hello Jim, 

of course I'm sure that I have upgraded. One proof is the much better performance, but I also checked the P3D.exe version: 2.3.11345.0

I only brought the upgrade installation to your attention as I know others, including me, had problems with the upgrade. I wanted to make sure everyone was aware that, even though the upgrade stated it successfully completed, it does not mean it actually updated the product to 2.3. You should check to be sure by looking at the properties of the current p3d.exe as there is very little initial difference.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Got some graphical glitches when I patched so I did the full reinstall.

But my glitches/artifacts are still present:

P3_Dv23.jpg

This is P3Dv2.3 vanilla, no addons yet. I must have done something wrong  :blush: