Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

wha

Got some graphical glitches when I patched so I did the full reinstall.

But my glitches/artifacts are still present:

P3_Dv23.jpg

This is P3Dv2.3 vanilla, no addons yet. I must have done something wrong  :blush:

What is your Graphics Driver version?

There was some mention of beta versions of drivers causing this issue.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

What is your Graphics Driver version?

There was some mention of beta versions of drivers causing this issue.

Thank you, it seems that my nvidia 340.52 driver is indeed the problem here. It's reported at P3D's forums. That blows.. 

"FSG2010 for FTX works fine, but make sure to (re)install FTX Global afterwards, but I think that's a given."

Can someone clear me up on this?  Do I need to reinstall FTX Global or not?  I don't see any references to it elsewhere.

Can someone clear me up on this?  Do I need to reinstall FTX Global or not?  I don't see any references to it elsewhere.

FTX Global works fine, didnt have any problems there. But I had it already installed when I installed FSG2010 for FTX and after that I got some graphic isseus. When I reinstalled FTX Global things were fine.

Not sure what exactly happened, but I guess that installing FTX Global after FSG2010 (if you have both) works best.

Cheers!

Maarten

Looks like the faulty Nvidia driver. I had the same and reverted to an older version.

Jürgen

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Rob I put the p3d cfg back but still have a copy of the original update one - would you recommend switching them now ?

You will be missing entries in your v2.2 Prepar3d.cfg vs your v2.3 default created Prepar3d.cfg -- you should do a file compare and attempt a manual merge if you when the patch route.  If you use the default created v2.3 prepar3d.cfg it will reset your graphics settings and other settings (i.e. like an UT2 and/or anything else that some add-on may have put in there).  I definitely DO NOT recommend copying your v2.2 Prepar3d.cfg back over what v2.3 creates.

This is P3Dv2.3 vanilla, no addons yet. I must have done something wrong

This is a known issue nVidia's 340.52 latest WHQL driver will cause this problem if you have Tessellation enabled.  Recommend you revert back to 337.88 driver and wait for nVidia to release a fix ... nVidia claim they have fixed the issue and it will be available in the next Beta driver.

Cheers, Rob.

Don't know why everyone is having so many issues. I ran the patch and everything is running perfectly. No issues with install.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Don't know why everyone is having so many issues. I ran the patch and everything is running perfectly. No issues with install.

Same here

Most people don't read the update-instructions -_-

Or read Robs help comments 

Rich Sennett

Following Rob's helpful guide, and no problems at all.

Do it this way, step by step and a little patience :)

I also followed Rob's guide & install(patched) went in with no problem, total time was about 20 min.& version 2.3 did indeed show up in the p3d exe file.So now it's on to loading up all my orbx, addons & fsdt airports with the new fsdt  2.3 installers of course.

Ron

Unfortunately, repeated attempts to run the bloody "Repair" option in the silly .msi system failed four times in a row with AppHang errors...

Microsoft have the absolute worst "installer system" I've ever encountered. Now I have to "hope" that the darn "Uninstall" option won't hang up! :Nail Biting:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To the best of my knowledge I have followed the patch update procedures(Twice!)

When I go to the about screen It shows 2.2..... still installed but when I check the properties of Prepar3D.exe it shows it to be 2.3....

Any idea?

Also FSUIPC does not work for me even with the newer DLL. CTD happens, I disabled it in the DLL.XML and the CTD does not happen.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Microsoft have the absolute worst "installer system" I've ever encountered. Now I have to "hope" that the darn "Uninstall" option won't hang up!

Yes, they do ... I am surprised LM use it ... but it does come with MSDN subscription (and maybe even in the Express version).

Are you sure you didn't try to repair/uninstall from the Control Panel route?

Cheers, Rob.

When I go to the about screen It shows 2.2..... still installed but when I check the properties of Prepar3D.exe it shows it to be 2.3....

This usually indicates you didn't delete those 4 directories I listed.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm telling everyone who upgraded to the latest version by installing the patch to check their version of the P3D.exe located in the main P3D folder. If it doesn't say the version is 2.3.11345.0, then your upgrade was unsuccessful.

Thats all fine and dandy, but when I look at my P3D.exe file in the LM folder it doesnt say what version it is. Mind explaining how the heck you can check that without launching the exe?