Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

Thats all fine and dandy, but when I look at my P3D.exe file in the LM folder it doesnt say what version it is. Mind explaining how the heck you can check that without launching the exe?

As I explained above, go to the main P3D folder on your computer. Right click on P3D.exe and select properties. Once open, look under the Details tab.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you do a clean install of v 2.3 does it include the hot fix patch LM released back in April to correct the DLL files?

Regards

Lamar Wright

I didn't follow Robs instructions. I had P3D 2.2 patched all the way up until the hotfix, then I installed the 2.3 patch. Thats all you have to do.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Thats all fine and dandy, but when I look at my P3D.exe file in the LM folder it doesnt say what version it is. Mind explaining how the heck you can check that without launching the exe?

If you go ahead and launch the EXE then click on Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.  If it is correctly installed it should show you:

Prepar3D Version 2.3.11345.0

Simconnect Version 2.3.0.0

License ID: xxxxxxxx

If you go ahead and launch the EXE then click on Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.  If it is correctly installed it should show you:

Prepar3D Version 2.3.11345.0

Simconnect Version 2.3.0.0

License ID: xxxxxxxx

jfail...your reply is indeed that, a fail. I specifically asked the OP how he was able to check the version without launching it. I asked that because like many of us, we're not able to launch the exe without an immediate CTD. :frustrating:

jfail...your reply is indeed that, a fail. I specifically asked the OP how he was able to check the version without launching it. I asked that because like many of us, we're not able to launch the exe without an immediate CTD. :frustrating:

Chad you have to go into your main folder you installed p3d into click on it - right mouse click on it and go to properties then details it will tell you your version - do not try this with the shortcut on your desktop - that will not work

Rich Sennett

Chad you have to go into your main folder you installed p3d into click on it - right mouse click on it and go to properties then details it will tell you your version - do not try this with the shortcut on your desktop - that will not work

Thanks Richard! THATS the answer we needed. A key detail there is to open the "detail" tab. You rock!

Thanks Richard! THATS the answer we needed. A key detail there is to open the "detail" tab. You rock!

Chad thats what I do is ROCK - any other questions just ask - your welcome

Rich Sennett

I purchased "Academic" Lic. last night and don't want to install until I know how & what I'm doing.  My computer skills are NOT!  I'm sitting on an "unopened" X-Plane 10 pkg that I'm afraid to load & know I won't use it.  This shows you how much of a chicken I am.

I'm sure my system can handle it - ck my profile.  I'm retired and don't have a prob w/ spending time on the forums.  Could you point me to the right direction to get started?

Thank you so much, Jim

I checked this entire thread, nowhere did I find any "specifically asked the OP how he was able to check the version without launching it" posted by you.  Hence I assumed you had not actually tried it and was only trying to help you.

Since you seem to feel the need to reference my user name as "a fail", I won't bother trying to help you anymore.

I won't bother trying to help you anymore.

Yes, and I don't blame you. As for you Chad, get a grip mate.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Are you sure you didn't try to repair/uninstall from the Control Panel route?

Absolutely positive, Rob! Four times in a row trying to use the "Repair" option resulted in an "AppHang" on some element of the "msi" system. Actually, the fourth attempt was made following a cold reboot of the sim computer.

Fortunately, "Uninstall" worked, and I was able to run the "full installer" to get v2.3 installed. Using Pete's interim version of FSUIPC (f) is working fine.

So far, the only casualties of the v2.3 upgrade are Flight1's wonderful GTN750 and GTN650 units.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Installed 2.3 for a customer last night, did a clean load (removed previous version) and installed FSUIPC latest full version.  Results: CTD.  Disabled FSUIPC and it ran fine.  This was the only add-on.  If you are having troubles with P3D 2.3: look to FSUIPC first and foremost, it may not be necessary to go through a lengthy O.S. reload or even the procedure outlined in the original post.  I will test this theory on my own system tonight when I upgrade from 2.2 (not a clean install).  The latest version of FSUIPC (4.934h) does appear to work fine.  After re-installing using the full 4.934 installer and upgrading to 4.934h the sim launches and does not crash.  Was also able to configure flight controls with no issue and do a few test flights in default F22 and 3rd party (Carenado) B58.  Have not tested any ORBX areas yet.  

The latest version of FSUIPC (4.934h) does appear to work fine.

The "latest version" is currently 4.934f (beta), which Pete made available just before leaving on vacation.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator