Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

I just patched my 2.2.10438 to 2.3. Works absolutely fine. So there is no need to do a repair to revert back to 10437!

Differently from orhers, I didn't succeed in patching my 2.2.10438 to 2.3. The patch program checks my installed version and gives my an error message.

Anyone has the same situation?

EZdok not working in v2.3. Only ezdok 1.15 worked at me when using 2.2. Now nothing is working. Have been trying to patch to 1.17 and applying the ezca p3d.exe file. Did not work :( 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I have encountered an error which is new for me in 2.3, and that is the throttles in the Airbus Extended do not function either via throttle lever (assigned through FSUIPC) or by clicking and dragging in the virtual cockpit but they do work with the function keys.  Limited testing shows me scenery all seems to be fine so far (across a variety of locations in the U.S., in and out of ORBX regions), but I have only flown during the day.  

EZdok not working in v2.3. Only ezdok 1.15 worked at me when using 2.2. Now nothing is working. Have been trying to patch to 1.17 and applying the ezca p3d.exe file. Did not work :(

For me, it works.

Do you have the exe.xml?

Differently from orhers, I didn't succeed in patching my 2.2.10438 to 2.3. The patch program checks my installed version and gives my an error message.

Anyone has the same situation?

I had precisely the same problem. I had to completely remove v2.2 and install v2.3 from the full installer.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For me, it works.

Do you have the exe.xml?

You mean the lines you have to add in the exe.xml or? 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes you have to add this following

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

Yes you have to add this following

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Hm I did that in 2.2. With the ezca p3d.exe file. So I just supposed it didn't work in 2.3 either. But I'll try once more. Thanks

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version: 2.3.11345.0
  Application Timestamp: 53e4d8e6
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00001fd4
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

I got the same thing even before I brought in my old DLL and XML and what not.. I started the P3D V2.3 after install and did the same thing.

All my previous Patch install went without a glitch..but not this time.

Sigh!

I did copy over my entire P3D folder to a temp section.

I can do a full reinstall  and I know  I can bring over the scenery.cfg as far as sceneries..but what about my Airplanes folder... especially the gauges folder. I would also mess up my Orbx stuff and the elevation correctiuon an all that I had fixed over a period of time.

What do I have to do to recover the aircrafts I had migrated over...any ideas?

If I simply copy over my previous P3D folder would I be ok?

This was a bad patch... 

Guys if you are not willing to do a full reinstall do not apply the patch...high risk it may not work

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I also applied the patch without deleting any folders.... Replaced the FSUIPC dll file which was responsible for the only fatal error message. Had the panel serialization error message, but found and applied a fix from the P3D forum. Checked the p3d.exe version and it shows 2.3...

Other than that no issues whatsoever. I have very few add-ons. FTX Global, PNW, OPUS FSX, FSUIPC, Alabeo 172RG and A2A Cherokee.

The sim seems fine. Should I be worried that I missed something or just go on?

There's a lot of posts for this 2.3 upgrade... Thanks 

Hi All - I keep seeing negative experiences with upgrading to 2.3 so I wanted to report that my upgrade was a smooth success. The key is to take your time and do it all step by step.

Thank you very much Rob for your contributions to this - you have saved me and a lot of others countless hours of frustrations.

So i just followed Rob's instructions , backing up and deleting the folders and applied the patch. I replaced the fsuipc.dll, copied back by scenery.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml and my documents folder( saved flights) . My Orbx object flow automatically updated. I reset my Nvidia Nspector setting back to default. (I may play around with them later- adaptive vsync, negitive lod bias, etc)

All my Orbx products (Global, Vector, PNW, etc) and UT2 are working with no issues in 2.3. Overall I am extremely impressed at the improvements in the product. A big thank you to LM for a great release and the continued efforts to improve the sim.

I'm a happy simmer !!!

-Daniel 

I also like to report my positive experiences. Installed the patch at first which installed flawlessly; the upgraded version was indeed installed.

Then I opted for a complete re-install to ensure max performance. Uninstalled ORBX, OPUS FSX, my Cherokee 180 (backing up the A2A folder in the Sim Objects directory) and finally P3D via the Control Panel. For good measure I ran the original P3D setup.exe and selected the uninstall option. Proceeded to setup 2.3. No issues. Used the FSUIPC 4.934f .dll. Re-installed OPUS.

Hope that simmers that have issues will find answers in this post. Thanks to all who contributed.

...finally P3D via the Control Panel. For good measure I ran the original P3D setup.exe and selected the uninstall option. Proceeded to setup 2.3.

The first step you took is dangerous and unnecessary.

It could very well have created a failure of the "P3D setup.exe and selected the uninstall option," which in turn could have caused your activation license to not be automatically reset on the L-M server.

I am of course delighted that it didn't, but forewarned is forearmed! B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The first step you took is dangerous and unnecessary.

Bill, not sure which first step you are referring to. The patch worked, then on the full install I followed the procedures of the P3D guide: uninstall in control Panel and then run setup.exe to uninstall. This last step is recommended to make sure your license is removed/reset and ready for a fresh install.

In any case, sir, all is good!

Point taken!

Patch worked perfectly for me. I made sure to uninstall ASN first. I then followed Rob's instructions and all is well!