Sign in to follow this  

How to Update P3DV2.2 to P3DV2.3

Bill, not sure which first step you are referring to.

This: "(removed) P3D via the Control Panel". MSI installers depend on having the Registry "unmolested" in order for them to work properly. Using the Control Panel method has the potential for screwing up things for the MSI installer...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...followed your instructions....and Bam!!!!.....BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....did the patch....NOT the full install....tho I do have that downloaded just in case.....copied back all the files saved

BUT Before I did that....

....I made copies of the freshly installed folders Rob cited cited as Prepar3d v2.3 original install folder......I would recommend you do that so  you can get back to stock should your original back-up files blow things up...

DO THAT BEFORE YOU COPY BACK YOUR BACKUP FOLDERS AND FILES!!!!

....While I am waiting for problems, the first 20 minutes were Glorious!!!...So good that I am redoing "Ride to Stinking Creek" in V2.3 as soon as I have ModelconverterX'd my scenery files seen in the video below....

I really was fearing doing a re-install of EVERY Scenery that the Old FSGenesis made...my scenery folder is 69GB...I've got another 60 GB to copy back....then there is the Orbx stuff.....this would have been a week long install...instead of around 1 HR!!!

Thanks so much for your tips and cautions Rob!!!

oh....almost forgot...

Thank you Lockheed Martin!!!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Rob (or anyone who may know the answer)

I want to do the full install of P3Dv2.3 and need to uninstall and delete all the appropriate files from my P3Dv2.2 full install I did several months ago. My question is how do I handle the ORBX sceneries and airports I installed using the approved triple installers from ORBX as well as the A2A Cessna C172 I also installed using the approved A2A version for P3Dv2. Do all the associated files and any registry entries for these get taken care of if I follow your uninstall process of P3Dv2.2 and deletion of the files you describe?

I want to ensure the best clean install possible, any detailed response to better enable this would be greatly appreciated particularly regarding my ORBX and A2A add-ons.

Also thanks for all the work you do for us to help make our experiences rewarding and as painless as possible as we move into this new and exciting space of P3D!

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

My question is how do I handle the ORBX sceneries and airports I installed using the approved triple installers from ORBX as well as the A2A Cessna C172 I also installed using the approved A2A version for P3Dv2. Do all the associated files and any registry entries for these get taken care of if I follow your uninstall process of P3Dv2.2 and deletion of the files you describe?

ORBX products (Airports, Vector, OpenLC, etc.) don't appear in the Control Panel so they can just be wiped out (deleted) and then re-installed.

A2A has an uninstaller so I recommend you use it.

After you uninstall P3D V2.2, make sure those five directories I listed at the beginning of this thread are deleted (if not delete them) ... clean, clear, and naked.

No need to touch the registry.

Re-install full P3D V2.3.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob

When you said delete 5 directories I assume you meant the 4 you listed I did not see a 5th.

Also I saw several posts regarding the uninstall process for P3Dv2.2 regarding an uninstall using the control panel and/or the original P3D installer, any thoughts on your end on the best way to uninstall and then delete the remaining directories if they still exist?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Joe, forget about the "Control Panel." The guys at L-M didn't spend time writing a custom "Uninstaller" just to waste time... :lol:

Fr. Bill    

This topic has been pinned long enough. Think everyone knows how to update it now. Unpinning.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

Due to all the issues people were having I have not patched to 2.3. Now 2.4 is out but requires 2.3. LM has pulled it from their archives which is very unfortunate.

Does anyone still have 2.2 to 2.3 Patch Academic and a CRC or MD to verify the file authenticity.

Thanks in advance.

/Stephen

Sorry no. I only have the Professional versions. I keep every installer archived in case I need them sometime down the road... :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

Sorry no. I only have the Professional versions. I keep every installer archived in case I need them sometime down the road... :ph34r:

Would you mind sharing the v2.2 ---> v2.3 professional update?

I did not do the update and am unable to patch to v2.4. I have a bunch of addons and I rather avoid a full install.

Unfortunately, no I cannot. Sorry.

Fr. Bill