Sign in to follow this  
crashdriver

KAP140 not working after G1000 Install in ES DA42

Has anyone had the KAP140 stop working after installing the G1000 in Eaglesoft's DA42?  The buttons are all there on the 2d, 3d, and pop up panels but the display is not showing.  I don't know if it actually controlls the airplane (I guess I'll go try that in a second.)  I did get the latest update, but it didn't help.

I know Eaglesoft's equipment is notorious for getting moody after add ons are installed, but since the Twin Star was made with the MPI G1000 in mind I can't imagine this is an Eaglesoft problem.

I've tried registering for the forums like 2 or 3 times and I never get an activation e-mail. (yes I've checked my spam folder.)

So I half solved my problem.  I never changed the panel.wsmpi folder when I installed the G1000, so I think the program was thinking that I had the KAP140 in a different airplane so therefore disabled it.  Changed it back to panel.ws and it started up.

However I still have 2 issues, one of which I think stems from the fact that I use Saitek panels in FS9 so I need a different driver to make them work.  I think this causes something in the Mindstar coding to go all wonky because as soon as I send a command through the Saitek the AP stops working.  The second one still has me stumped because I think it won't work in full screen mode.  I tested it in windowed mode, but switched to full screen to go fly with it and it just went blank again.

So I'm still stumped but still trying.

Contact us via our support [at] mindstaraviation.com

We need to ensure your installations are current across the board.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

What all info do you need?  Just the description of the problem or do you need stuff like serial numbers and registration keys?

Ed,

What all info do you need?  Just the description of the problem or do you need stuff like serial numbers and registration keys?

Simply contact us via our support email and tell us who you are and what your problem is. We'll take it from there.

It's not a really big deal, but it requires we interact in a one-on-one situation.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks again for the help.  Did a quick hop from CYXU to CYTZ using autopilot most of the way (first time in my life I've been proud to say that!)  Worked like a charm :-)

No problem, happy to have it sorted out for you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69