Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Charts in FS9

Guest D-EVIL

Hello Pilots,I am looking for a program, with which I can open Charts directly in FS9 without switching between *.pdf files and FS9.Thanks.Bj

Guest B737_200_Pilot

.pdf files suck, get irfanview from www.irfanview.com open the .pdf file charts you need for the flight, enlarge each one to 400%, select graphic and select all and copy, than paste it into irfanview than resize the pic to about 900 pixles high and save as a .gif, do this to all of the charts you'll need for the flight and open them as needed during the flight.

Guest D-EVIL

I have no problems mit .pdf, but how can I open charts without leaving fs9? Is there a chance? Once there where a program called simcharts, but I am looking for a freeware alternativ...Thanks.

Guest B737_200_Pilot

Can't help ya with that. Leaving the sim is no problem for me, one hit of the windows key and a click on the .gif chart to brief my approach or arrival and I'm done, just like in real life I give the plane to the non flying pilot for a minute so I can review the chart than I take the plane back and fly.

Guest UweR

Hi,such mal nach Kniebrett Erweiterungen/kneeboard extensions im Forum, es gibt bestimmt etwas f

Guest DLM9000

If you have a second computer, Run the chart program on it and connect it to Flight Sim with WideFS (network). This will prevent a frame rate hit on your flight sim machine.Dennis

I already see some confusion in replies as to the type of charts you wish to observe.Are they instrument/nav, sectionals, etc.? As an example one reply assumed you wanted a sectional and recommended a freeware moving map program for them. Freeware sectional US charts have been prepared for this program. Others can be prepared by scanning and scaling.If you are flying in the US you can adapt the kneeboard to look at several web sites including the naco FAA site with online .pdf files for TRP plates including DPs, STARS, and IAP (approach). The conversion programs for the kneeboard are freeware. This assumes you are online when flying.Otherwise, if you don't mind payware and for convenience, I recommend the Simplates 2004 bundle as it also gives info beyond the pure charts which can come in handy for flight planning such as the FAA preferred routes list. Then you can just switch windows as suggested by another poster. I am not aware if the Jeppesen packages give this information but the Simplates 2004 charts have many non-US airports.

Guest Charlie Hall

I think FS Browser (freeware) might be what you are looking for as it can display without leaving FS. It is easier to set up than messing about with the kneeboard, which can be left alone to perform its intended functions when needed. FS Browser will not display pdf files as far as I know but they can be easily converted. You can get it here:http://www.hifisim.com/downloads.htm

Guest zovirl

FSBrowser *can* display .pdfs. The trick is to start acrobat before you start FS. Then, they will display inside FSBrowser.