Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

Carenado Centurion Autopilot

Hi everyone. Bought this plane and really like it but the documentation in my opinion is woefully inadequate. I cannot get it to fly the GPS flightplan despite trying everything - including clicking the navomatic to GPS mode and then clicking nav.Can someone please help? Also - where do you change the altimetre settings please? There doesnt seem to be a way to fly the plane fully om autopilot to the desired altitude.ThanksJohn

Hi Uwe, thanks for the reply. I tried clicking on Omni with GPS selected and it still didnt fly the flightplan. But I will try again - maybe I am missing something.I also tried to use the pitch but it would not settle on a rate of climb; kept sinkingPersevering; as you realsied I normally fly airliners but I wanted a change!John

I hate that antiquated Navomatic. I usually replace it with either the default bendix king unit or another 3rd party autopilot. Its not an airliner, but no reason not to have an autopilot in the airplane that approximates whats really available today for an upgrade.After you do this, go buy the Reality XP GNS530 or 430 and stick that puppy in there. Then you can learn how to really use a GPS. A little learning curve but it leaves the default GPS in the DUST.UweR is an expert on those devices!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

The alternative, if you are not happy using the Navomatic is to use the keyboard shortcuts. Make sure you are using GPS data ( I assign crtl + G) to switch between Nav sources. Hit ctrl + G and then hit ctrl + z to engage altitude hold. I love the Nav-o because it's what I'm used to IRL in the 210's I get to fly. But if you don't, the above suggestion should get you what you want.best,

Thanks for the replies! I finally managed a flight from Booker Park to Exeter and used the keyboard shortcuts to select the GPS and Nav hold. I don't find the Naviomatic at all helpful in this respect. Makes a nice change from flying the big jets as you really get to see the scenery. I use a combination of FSGenesis and FSscene and although not as detailed as full VFR scnery it is pretty realistic.Will think about additional GPS software when budget allows.John