Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Throwing in the towel....

....wow...wow....

I had 2.3 running, then loaded Global 1.20, Vector 1.15, Pilot2010FSX...

Ran it again...and CTD.

I at least know...that everything I want, works in 2.2.   In the morning, I'll run my system restore..and get everything back as it was....

Glad for you limited ones,  all that have got this to work....and with some of your add-ons.

I couldn't.

Going to bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've spent 5 hours at this...and have had enough....

The dang patch should have been released to recognize the hot patch....and just friggin upgraded the sim.

Works on my end. I had the hotfix in as well, I just removed the 4 folders that they recommended to do from previous versions. Once it rebuilt everything I just re-added the FTXG and Vector entries to the scenery.cfg. As far as I know it's working great. Still need more time to test to find out for sure though.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

What ?

Mike less than enthusiastic ... never would have believed it.

Let him get his beauty rest, he'll be back at it like horns on unicorns.

If you re-install it windows keeps some of the original files and doesn't give you a fresh version. After my install I still had FSUIPC being called up in my dll in my main cfg folder. I took it out and it stopped crashing.

Give it a chance, its a pretty big update with a lot of great things. Im all smooth now waiting for devs to catch up!

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Don't give up, the performance gains are worth any pains from upgrading!

Now cowboy up and get to it!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I feel for Sesquatoo!

I spent a whole weekend trying to get V2.2 installed mainly because Lockheed Martin presumed that we all have C drives with tons of space for their extracted .cab files. Wrong. (Mine has 10GB free - plenty for the OS and nothing else on it).

I've just found out that the new version is exactly the same which will mean another wasted weekend manually extracting their cab files one by one. If I can be bothered which I can't right now. Think I'll stick to FSX and DX10 until the dust settles a bit but will keep a close eye on this forum as I did enjoy the extra immersion that P3D gave me.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I had 2.3 running, then loaded Global 1.20, Vector 1.15, Pilot2010FSX...

I've not had any issue with these products in 2.3 ... you will however have to disable Orbx entries in your DLL.XML.

I've said this in my other thread and I'll say it again here ... whatever is in your DLL.XML or EXE.XML comes from a 3rd party vendor (they are not from LM), if there are entries in those two files from 3rd party that does version checking and/or requires linking they (3rd party) will need to update their products.  It's very much dependent on the 3rd party vendor on when/if they need to provide an update, not ALL entries in two files do require updates.

This is not an LM issue, you need to go to your 3rd party vendor to get updates.  LM does NOT have control on how 3rd party devs implement their DLLs/EXEs.

Moving forward, it's advisable that people get out of the mindset they were used to with FSX ... P3D V2.x is a changing platform and 3rd party will need to change with it or not develop for it.  If you have a huge 3rd party install base (and I do also) then it would be advisable that you NOT jump right in to 2.3 until you can confirm that your 3rd party products are "ready" for P3D V2.3.  This process is most likely going to repeat for v2.4 also and onwards after that.

But again, not all products require updates, it really depends on the 3rd party content provider and how they implement their products ... this isn't in LM's control.  It's the same when people moved from FS9 to FSX , SP1, SP2 ... only now the updates from LM are more frequent (every 3-4 months).

I've posted information here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449058-how-to-update-p3dv22-to-p3dv23/

Cheers, Rob.

This is not an LM issue, you need to go to your 3rd party vendor to get updates.  LM does NOT have control on how 3rd party devs implement their DLLs/EXEs.

Moving forward, it's advisable that people get out of the mindset they were used to with FSX ... P3D V2.x is a changing platform and 3rd party will need to change with it or not develop for it.  If you have a huge 3rd party install base (and I do also) then it would be advisable that you NOT jump right in to 2.3 until you can confirm that your 3rd party products are "ready" for P3D V2.3.  This process is most likely going to repeat for v2.4 also and onwards after that.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Basically lots of people are complaining about progress in a great update. LM has to do this to move forward. If you aren't in for the ride jump back to FSX. The main devs will catch up in no time! Have some patience. 

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

"Lead - follow - or get out of the way!"

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I spent a whole weekend trying to get V2.2 installed mainly because Lockheed Martin presumed that we all have C drives with tons of space for their extracted .cab files. Wrong. (Mine has 10GB free - plenty for the OS and nothing else on it).

As I've indicated in my other threads, you will need at least 20GB free ... in fact, if you install PILOT's Mesh add-on it will silently (as in no error message) NOT install everything it should if you don't have 20GB free.  Many installers use the OS Temp location ... you can change this location so that is not pointing to your C: drive.  In fact, there is a good chance you have many products that have silently not installed correctly (any product, not just flight sim related) because you only have 10GB free.

If you are short on disk space on C:, I recommend these solutions:

Changing OS temp folder location:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818

Move Pagefile to some other location:

http://superuser.com/questions/237813/how-can-i-move-the-page-file-to-another-physical-disk-location

You can also relocate your Package Cache folder -- I do NOT recommend this unless you are a highly experienced user:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2014/02/11/how-to-relocate-the-package-cache.aspx

Or you can continue to punish yourself and manually extract .CAB files ;)

Cheers Rob.

Well said Rob ....

It really isn't LM's problem

I am downloading v2.3 full installation as we speak ... My god it's a slow and painful download speed and I have a good internet connection

Paul 

Welcome to X-Plane! No offense intended, but this is what xp10 users/developers have been going through, for years. Us old timers have to get accustomed to the fact of having ongoing development for our favourite flightsim. That is what we have wanted for years, and now we have it. Enjoy the ride.

just my .02c.

Jazz

Or you can continue to punish yourself and manually extract .CAB files ;)

Ha! Thanks very much for those links Rob will try some of those other options if/when I buy V2.3.

EDIT: Just had a look at that Package Cache info. Maybe not. There are only so many hours in a day...;)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg