Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Weird noise..... Then crash

Hey guys, 

This is something that is very frustrating to me and it only happens when i have FSX up and running...

A few days ago i deleted my FSX.CFG and then let it create another one, the only tweaks i added was highmemfix and affinity mask=15

Now it seems that when i am in FSX, the frames are good no much stuttering. It dosent matter if im taxing or just at the gate, all of a sudden in my headphones i can hear a loud vibration / buzzing noise and then my computer freezes.... I am not able to move the mouse or anything my PC is frozen.... The only way i am able to turn of the PC is by holding down the on/off button. The computer does not unfeeze, and the noise stays til i turn of the PC..

Note - I have my 4670k 3.3ghz oc to 4.4ghz. But i have had the same overclock for a good 4 months know, and nothing has changed and this has never happened.

All my NVIDEA Drivers are up to date, perhaps i should install the one driver before the one i have know??

Any suggestions on what these weird thing is ? 

I just had something similar - what happens if you let it sit there? Mine blue screened with x124 code. Vcore aka my CPU OC is dying.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for both your replies, the strange thing is tho i have had these settings in bios for months now, and nothing like this has ever happened

Thanks for both your replies, the strange thing is tho i have had these settings in bios for months now, and nothing like this has ever happened

Months? Cooling fans plugged? August, is it hot where you are?

I live in Brisbane Australia... I think i have fixed the problem, i think you guys may have been right with the overclock, as i had a little play with it, and with some stability tests the problem seems to have gone 

Many O/C suggest you to bimp up the pci freq to 101 or higher. Leave it at 100 or default.

Heat is almost never the reason for a deteriorating OC, electromigration is tho. Overvolting drastically increases electromigration, particularly with modern ultra low production process cpus

vatsim s3

1133704.png