Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Anti collision lights issue

This is a issue I have both with the 737 and the 777. The normal light pattern should be strobe - beacon - strobe, but from time to time, I only have the strobe lights illuminating.  Looking at the plane from spot view, I will see the normal pattern for about ten seconds, then the anti collision beacon fails to illuminate for a few seconds before coming on a again. So, normal for about 10 seconds, then no beacon for about 5-10 seconds, then normal again.

As I said, I have this issue with both the 737 and the 777, and as far as I can remember, it has been there since the release of the 737. A forum search did not come up with anything useful, so I might be one of the few around here with this issue. It is by no means a huge issue, I do fly from the cockpit, but I was wondering if there might be a solution to it?

Marius S

Hi,

u can test this,,,

xxxx:\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

Delete the Folders Shader and Shader10   

FSX will rebuild them automatic...

NG

Markus

I´m bringing this topic up again. I have the same problem in P3D, and deleting shaders did not help. Anyone seeing the same thing?

Marius S

Is this issue not related to the frame rates you are getting?  I find that when my FPS count is much higher, the beacon/strobe sequence is more sustainably on cue.  They seem to become more erratic when FPS are low or erratic.

It does not depend upon FSP, it will be the same sitting on the ramp as 35 000 ft above the Atlantic ocean. Also, the strobes behave normally. It's only the PMDG 777 and 737 that I see this with, all my other add-on aircraft has the normal behavior both in FSX and P3D. But as I said in the first post, it's not a major issue, just curious why this happens.

Marius S

It does not depend upon FSP, it will be the same sitting on the ramp as 35 000 ft above the Atlantic ocean. Also, the strobes behave normally. It's only the PMDG 777 and 737 that I see this with, all my other add-on aircraft has the normal behavior both in FSX and P3D. But as I said in the first post, it's not a major issue, just curious why this happens.

You do realize that most aircraft have different strobe and beacon patterns, right?

Note that on several of these aircraft, the pattens are independent:

Heck, the DA40 I fly doesn't even have a beacon.

Kyle Rodgers

I understand.  I don't normally check the external view when flying, so have not done a comparison, but I have noticed the 777 beacon missing its cue for up to one flash when on the ground at the airport which is odd.  Like you, I haven't noticed this with the wing strobe lights.

Not sure about the 777, but as far as I know, there's no relation in terms of timing between the strobes and the beacon on the 737. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Used to fly the DA42, only strobes there as well.

But I do know the pattern of the 737 and 777, and sometimes it's a bit off. But no big deal.

Not sure about the 777, but as far as I know, there's no relation in terms of timing between the strobes and the beacon on the 737. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

That's correct for the 737 classic, but on the NG you will see strobe-beacon-strobe. Same on the 777.

The only exception is the back strobe on the 737 which is not synchronized.

Marius S

Strobes charge and then discharge (flash)  -- Since there are several factors that can affect the charge rate, they are not always going to flash at the exact same time.  

Is it possible to use the A2A Redux lights in P3D at all, and more specifically on the 777?

Is it possible to use the A2A Redux lights in P3D at all, and more specifically on the 777?

No. While I understand that personal preference is personal preference, it's not realistic to make the plane look like it's flying through a perpetual fog.

Regardless, adding this is not possible, nor is it supported by our EULA.

Kyle Rodgers

No. While I understand that personal preference is personal preference, it's not realistic to make the plane look like it's flying through a perpetual fog.

Regardless, adding this is not possible, nor is it supported by our EULA.

I was thinking only for the beacon and strobes, but anyway, got it. thanks

Do you have REX Texture Direct?

It has all of my PMDG anti collision lights, beacons, & strobes messed up in P3d & I still can't fix them.

Michael Gaston

Do you have REX Texture Direct?

It has all of my PMDG anti collision lights, beacons, & strobes messed up in P3d & I still can't fix them.

How do you know REX has messed them up