Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Anyone have orbx central Rockies and kjac?

I have been recently getting into the payware airports. I currently have the orbx pnw. Thinking of getting the orbx central Rockies and kjac. Since I already purchased the flightbeam kden, I love flying back and forth from Denver to Jackson hole. Since the orbx kjac requires the central Rockies region, does anyone have this?

Also any coupon codes for orbx right now since I will have to buy the region and kjac together? Thanks

Yeah - CRM is just "meh"

KJAC is really really nice though

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Like Ryan said.  Beauty and the beast

ZORAN

No current discounts, but this stuff was on sale around John Venema's 50th birthday. (You want to wait for his 60th then! :lol:)

Since KJAC is pretty much the Eastern edge of the CRM region I enhanced the region with a number of Blue Sky Scenery tiles towards the East. Different look, but still a major improvement over the default scenery you're looking at when high over KJAC.

I'd say KJAC is cool and the region's coverage vs. its price makes it a good buy as well.

No current discounts, but this stuff was on sale around John Venema's 50th birthday. (You want to wait for his 60th then! :lol:)

Since KJAC is pretty much the Eastern edge of the CRM region I enhanced the region with a number of Blue Sky Scenery tiles towards the East. Different look, but still a major improvement over the default scenery you're looking at when high over KJAC.

I'd say KJAC is cool and the region's coverage vs. its price makes it a good buy as well.

+1

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I will offer a different opinion.  :smile:  

I think the Orbx regions represent the best value scenery enhancements one can make to FSX.. I also think Central Rocky Mountains (CRM) is a fabulous region that features an environment quite distinct from PNW including very nice rendering of Yellowstone National Park. If you like bush flying, the difficult airstrips in central Idaho in CRM are wonderfully depicted and quite challenging to fly in and out of.  If you primarily fly airline type aircraft at altitude then you may not find the CRM scenery as compelling.  There are two other Orbx airports, West Yellowstone (KWYS) and Bozeman (KBZN) that are located near KJAC.   

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I have them both and am well pleased with each.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

CRM is not very expensive at flightsimstore. I'd say it's worth it to have along with KJAC. I don't know about current sales, I picked up a bunch of Orbx airports at JV's 50th. Might be more sales during the holidays. The GEYSER4 departure out of KJAC is very scenic.

Barry Friedman

I have them both and I love the way KJAC looks! But...

There is only on problem. The runway is quite short at KJAC, so your choise of aircrafts is quite limited if you happen to fly near max TO weight (like I do as in AirHauler, more weight equals more income).

I will offer a different opinion.  :smile:  

I think the Orbx regions represent the best value scenery enhancements one can make to FSX.. I also think Central Rocky Mountains (CRM) is a fabulous region that features an environment quite distinct from PNW including very nice rendering of Yellowstone National Park. If you like bush flying, the difficult airstrips in central Idaho in CRM are wonderfully depicted and quite challenging to fly in and out of.  If you primarily fly airline type aircraft at altitude then you may not find the CRM scenery as compelling.  There are two other Orbx airports, West Yellowstone (KWYS) and Bozeman (KBZN) that are located near KJAC.   

Completely agree with this assessment - if you don't find CRM at least as interesting as other ORBX regions, then I am not sure what you are looking for - go try a few approaches at the "Yellow Pine Bar" airstrip, and then enjoy trying to get out again - it's just one of many such treasures in this region...

There is only on problem. The runway is quite short at KJAC, so your choise of aircrafts is quite limited if you happen to fly near max TO weight (like I do as in AirHauler, more weight equals more income).

The issue is really that the runway is relatively short (at around 6300') AND the field is relatively high (at around 6400').  This time of year that can really lead to some serious density altitude. :-)  Still, I think that's one of the nice challenges for this field.

Another option in the area (CRM) is Bozeman - KBZN - which is a bit lower in elevation, and boasts a longer runway. 

As for CRM itself, I've always been at a loss as to why some don't seem to care for it.  From my perspective it's every bit the quality of PNW and boasts some spectacular country along with a number of very interesting strips.

To each their own, I guess.

Scott

I have both Orbc CRM and KJAC as well as many other airports in the area like KBZN. I personally like the detail that Orbx goes into, and KJAC looks really good. That being said, KJAC is a tricky airport to get in and out of. Its perfect for turboprops especially ones like King Air's, D-8-400's, and ATR's. 737's under full power and flaps to 15 degrees take off easily enough, 757's need about flaps 25 and full power (Quality Wings 757) to take off with a full load.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I have CRM, KJAC,KBZN and KWYS. I find I am spending at least 50% of my time in the region. The Grand Tetons with KJAC is spectacular. I recommend you try it.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz