Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Locating U.K. Scenery

Guest Heather 636

Good day! For those of you who have visited my web site, you will know that I list U.K. scenery by the individual country.The problem I have, however, is that in most cases, every time I find reference to a location in the U.K., it is usually shown by either the airport code, or city, U.K.For me, not being familiar with more than the larger cities in the U.K., such as London, Liverpool, Belfast, Edinburgh, etc., this makes it difficult in determining where these scenery locations are by country. It would be like me telling you the name of some town in the U.S. such as, Somewhereville, U.S.A and then you being left to figure out which state it is in. More often than not, I am left to a "Google" search to determine this. Unfortunately, even most topics found that way show cities in the "U.K" rather than individual country.Is there an easy or quick way for me to determine where a U.K. city is located by reference of country?Sincerely,Heather

Guest Charlie Hall

Hi Heather, I recently discovered your site after being told about it here and it is a good source of information for me. Super Flight Planner 3 is a free flight planner that has a Find feature. All you do after the initial database is made, is select Database, Find, type in the ICAO code, and you choose from the drop down list the airport referenced by that name, then you can send it to the flight plan, double click on it at the bottom of the screen and the map centres immediately on the location. The map shows the borders of the countries in the UK. Before using the program you have to make a database which is derived from FS so all airports including those of any added scenery should be listed in the program. Having said that you can probably do something similar in FS but I don't think the map shows the borders in the UK.

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Charlie for that information.I may very well look into that method unless somebody has a better idea.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Great! Good timing as I am working on some England additions now. I think these map sites will work out just fine.Very much appreciated! Thank you.Heather

Guest Charlie Hall

Glad to be of help Heather.