Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Xplane in windowed mode - FPS halves

When I run Xplane in windowed mode or in full-screen mode with my mouse clicking outside, my FPS is almost halved, from 40-50fps to 20 fps. Is this usual?

I just checked my set up and no FPS change. Maybe you have something running in the background that pauses when you give focus to XPX? Video Card Switching states?

Nope, no problem here.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thanks for looking. I have no obvious background processes running and my CPU and memory usage are no different.

My specs are: 4770k @ 4.8Ghz, ATI 7970, 16GB RAM.

Only a guess: your ATI card. ATI OpenGL drivers aren't really good. But I don't know if this is the case with you ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Windowed mode does seem a little wonky. I see about a 10% decrease in framerate if I run the sim in an 800x600 window as opposed to 1920x1080 fullscreen. I wouldn't ever fly at 800x600, but that does seem a little off to me. (For what it's worth: v10.30b8, Win 7 64-bit, 760 OC 4GB, 340.52)

Also, in full-screen when i click my mouse to my 2nd monitor, it slows down too.

I wonder if it's a multimonitor issue then? I only tested a single monitor configuration.

Do you set your taskbar to auto hide?

If not try it.

Gave that a try, unfortunately did not make any difference.

Well, I am forced to use it in windowed mode now that I am using it with PSX, but I am getting good fps, usually above 60!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...