Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Reinstall FSX probs

Due to problems, I bit the bullet and reinstalled FSX last night.

I did not delete the files but now find that fonts are missing on my HSI and EICAS displays.   Should I uninstall and reinstall to remedy or is there a shorter route please?

Aircraft are my MD-11, 744 and -8, NGX and T7.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Should I uninstall and reinstall to remedy or is there a shorter route please?

If you're going to uninstall/reinstall, you absolutely need to wipe out everything in the process.  Leaving things behind will only serve to either confuse the computer, or leave the bits and pieces that were likely causing the issue in the first place.

In fact, the only reason one should uninstall/reinstall is to start with a 100% clean slate.

After uninstalling, ensure that all FSX directory data is gone, along with anything in your AppData folder:

C:[user Name]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX

Always save uninstalls/reinstalls as the absolute last step, and, if you decide to do it, ensure that it's done completely so that no issues persist.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle.

Dave Taylor gb.png