Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

My observation with V2.3

Imagine my dismay when I installed V2.3 and it crashed big time.

I did a clean install and it is working fine.

Ran Active Sky Next (which is about the only must-have thing) for the first time and ... BOOM ... it crashed out the sim.

Removed ASN, all is fine. 

Installed a Carendo plane (Skymaster), MSE files, injected REX textures, started GoFLight modules, ran HIDMacros, etc., all work fine.

Haven't tried installing Orbx Pacific Northwest yet.

Let's see, is that all? ,,,,, Hmmm, Everything looks good.

Guess Ill have to wait for ASN fix.

I looked at the vendor's forums and did not see any mention of a fix or any problems with Active Sky Next. I also have the same thing. It loads, brings up the weather then has a cryptic message and dies.

I had this when I first installed ASN but do not remember the fix.

I had to spend a few minutes to see "why I was also surprised". Since I do not have a list of the technical changes that would hit ASN I guess I was surprised. I was further surprised when I saw no mention on the ASN forum. But at least I was not shocked - that can be fatal!

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

This is on the ASN boards and they said it will be updated shortly...

I too, had the exact same situations as you jtwhite.

Also, I posted them a screenshot of what nudata described.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I missed the obvious on ASN site: 

P3D 2.3 is not supported, only 2.2 is at the moment. 2.3 support will be coming in the not too distant future.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

EZDOK also seems to have a problem digesting V2.3.

Not a big deal, can wait for an update.

A clean install has given me a chance to take a look at the things I was using and those which hadn't been touched in awhile. Updates, I suppose, shouldn't require a reevaluation of one's simming life, but there are those add-ons that Im just gonna leave off this time.

I'm not surprised that a lot of 3rd party add-on are not working with v2.3, but I wish it wasn't the case. I spent most of the day when I had free time looking at the forums for ASN, MajesticSoftware, ORBX and here for people's experiences.

The ASN is the most interesting as it was mentioned that the HiFi team has to re-map the memory space that they use to work with v2.3. As a sorftware developer myself, it doesn't sound like an overnight fix. Though the guys and gals at HiFi know their code the best.

For the most part it seems that most of the 3rd party devs have been holding onto any patches until v2.3 was out. I image we are going to see a lot of updates rolling out over the next several weeks.

I went the clean install route and it works and runs very smooth with just Prepar3D and not add-ons. I'm going to wait to install some add-ons for now.

EZDOK also seems to have a problem digesting V2.3.

Not a big deal, can wait for an update.

EZDOK is working fine here, no problems at all in V2.3.

EZDOK is working fine here, no problems at all in V2.3.

Thats great news - luv that program

Rich Sennett

Many of the addons discussed in this thread actually have 'hooks' into the core sim code. When the core sim code is modified, the hooks are no longer in a valid location and do cause code explosions. It's the price to pay for purchasing software that has what amounts to a hack built into it intentionally. We do it with FSUIPC as well... it too has hooks into the core sim code.

If we want the functionality... which the hooks provide... we need to understand that patience is required when core sim updates are released.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If we want the functionality... which the hooks provide... we need to understand that patience is required when core sim updates are released.

Amen to that, Sir. After reading some of the nightmarish experiences some folks have had, I'm glad I decided to do a clean install. I am now waiting for the 3rd parties to announce their updates before adding any other content.

Jazz

OpusFX is working great in V2.3. I couldnt get EZDok to work, so I switched back to OpusFX. For camera views plus weather injection, since ASN is on the fritz.

EZDOK works if you install the FSUIPC beta patch thats floating about somewheres in these forums

I read Monday orTuesday timeframe for an update, but like all things flightsim this date is tentative.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Can't get the stupid thing to work on P3D v2.3 !

What was your process ?