Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Come on in, the waters fine...

At least I hope it is.  Getting SSD's ready for a new clean install of P3Dv2.3 and my OS (figured it was time for both), and eagerly await to hear feedback on the improved look of the water.  Anybody care to jump in with their input on this?  Does it look "wetter and better"?  :lol:

How about those "whitish" looking mountains in the distance.  Any improvement on that too? 

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Water looks great. Id say for me 15%-20% better looking on my own personal percentage scale loll. I also just did a fresh install on a 840 EVO SSD and It feels great.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

It perhaps looks a little less plastic in the highlights, but it is still a million miles away from my FSX DX9 water (both using REX3&4)... for me it remains the worst visual aspect with P3D along with the rotating clouds.

luxQk.jpg

903X2.jpg

I may note as well that when I have Texture Filter - Negative LOD BIAS in inspector set to Clamp it is plastic and blurry....when it is set to Allow it looks great...When I dont use the NI at all it also looks great.

ELB729.png

Yes the water is much improved from v2.2 in my opinion.

Using Ultra for water quality, and just 4xAA with FXAA without any outside naggery by Nvidia Inspector and it looks gorgeous.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

without any outside naggery by Nvidia Inspector and it looks gorgeous.

Yes, I  agree as well....I might start completely avoiding NI...As of now I don't really see a reason for it in v2.3.....AA is definitely a lot better and water looks great....I cannot wait till SP3 REX4 comes out to have sea foam textures  :im Not Worthy:

ELB729.png

Yea, I think this round I won't even install NI.  Same goes for customizing the clouds, sky and water for now and see how she is for awhile.  Any comments on those white mountains you sometimes get in the distance?  Was never sure if that was a LM thingy or a 3rd party weather app thingy.  Still got few hours to go before I can check for myself.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Any comments on those white mountains you sometimes get in the distance?

I'm not seeing this so far, which I think was caused by the volumetric fog... the depiction of the clouds is far better, combined with the better lighting/HDR the whole environment looks stunning... almost photoreal.

I refreshed my REX4 textures, and the water can indeed look lovely, though it is dependant of the angle of the sun, and viewpoint.

xGKQU.jpg