Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

MegaSceneryEarth for X-Plane - response

Hello.

Mr Robert Ferraro of MSE has kindly responded to my email concerning MSE for X-Plane with:

"We are currently looking into that but it is a LOT of work. I will talk to my programmers and see if there is a way they could possibly create and release one state and we can see how the market takes to it."

So, it may have a future with X-Plane - I hope.

If you are interested in this photoscenery I suggest that you indicate your interest my emailing them at: megasceneryearth@pcaviator.com

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

I would love to have MegaScenery Earth available for X Plane.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Same here. Maybe they should ask Simheaven or Xaviation on their process of converting photoscenery as they have offerings.

Same here. Maybe they should ask Simheaven or Xaviation on their process of converting photoscenery as they have offerings.

Simheave : G2XPL (using Google Earth or Bing maps imagery as source ... where non of the two could be used for commercial products in any way!)

Xaviation: AFAIK they use http://www.photosceneryx.com/ (but anyone who knows better, might correct me)

Are you sure its not x-plane loading in a new area block thing when im flying i get a slight pause when that happens.

I am sure. Microstutters appear every other second, everything should be loaded already.

I recognize that one also

I solved it by going back from 340 to 377 driver

and second to file a bug in some area's in global scenery (vienna and surrounding)

for the rest I think the 4. gz is on the low site of Ian

may be you could also try to find the right spot in nvidia inspector

I tried going back to 377, same result. I am running a i7 4790k at 4.4Ghz and I believe Microstutters are caused by the GPU and not the CPU ... general Frames are 30+ in that scene, if the CPU had touble, frames would be lower at all times (not just during the stutter).

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I am sure. Microstutters appear every other second, everything should be loaded already.

I tried going back to 377, same result. I am running a i7 4790k at 4.4Ghz and I believe Microstutters are caused by the GPU and not the CPU ... general Frames are 30+ in that scene, if the CPU had touble, frames would be lower at all times (not just during the stutter).

---> psst: wrong thread ... you sure wanted to write in this one:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449197-microstutters-with-780gtx-in-hdr-mode-wvsync-flying-low/

Xaviation: AFAIK they use http://www.photosceneryx.com/ (but anyone who knows better, might correct me)

Nope. Everything is essentially in-house now, but it used to be done that way for old v8 sceneries.

Founder of X-Aviation

Nope. Everything is essentially in-house now, but it used to be done that way for old v8 sceneries.

Aaah, ok, thank you very much Cameron for the clarification ... I admit, that I did not know 100% (thats why I put a big AFAIK in there). But good to know, that there are others who have mastered parts of the mesh building process :smile: !