ORBX New Zealand in v2.3

I am speechless.

Am I dreaming or is this real? ...

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Very nice set of shots  B)

I'm eager to read some feedback on v2.3 other than crash-topics. 

very nice shots indeed!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

yikes that looks amazing! Is the P3DV2 version out or are you using other methods to install it?

Yep if guys haven't tried flying in New Zealand then you don't know what you are missing. Some great flying to be had from strip work to main trunk flights in heavy tin with 1 1/2 hour sector times or a quick trip (3 hrs +) across the Tasman to OZ. They don't call it Gods own for nothing!

Cheers

Steve Hall

Awesome!!

What are your lighting settings? i.e. HDR, Shadows, Reflection settings? Water detail.

Bob

It is even more spectacular with the standalone ORBX Milford Sound Airport scenery installed. How did you get NZSI running in 2.3 when it is not even compatible with 2.2?? 

ORBX NZSI as well as the Northern island always worked perfectly in my P3D 2.2 and since yesterday same thing in new installed P3D 2.3. at least until now (I made quite a few test flight in this beautiful region).

Yol

I wonder why they stopped making airports for NZ1 & 2?  Can only really be something to with sales, strange considering its such a stunning area

ZORAN

Amazing shots! They look almost photorealistic. They've definitely improved the lighting.

Yes, lightning is much improved. I LOVE flying in thunderstorm or during the dawn.

yikes that looks amazing! Is the P3DV2 version out or are you using other methods to install it?

This is NZSI with NZMF addon. I don't know if there is any P3D version yet. However it can be installed with very minor and standard tweaks. I keep fsx.exe in P3D folder and made manual changes in dll.xml. If you make symbolic link to dll.xml from exe.xml you can even make it automatic  ^_^

Everything works fine. Object flow is working. There are some minor issues - grass could be denser and somethimes runway textures are blinking during take off  (only in NZMJ airstrip).

Awesome!!

What are your lighting settings? i.e. HDR, Shadows, Reflection settings? Water detail.

Bob

I have almost all the sliders set to the right. I keep "shadows section" low though (distances set to 10km). Water is ultra, reflections are set to receive/cast on everything except simobjects.

I get 15-20 fps on my I7-860 with 1G Radeon HD7850, which is enough to me. I am even surprised that I can go so high on this hardware  ^_^

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

NZSI is indeed wonderful in 2.3 - of course it already was in previous versions, but the improved lighting makes it even better. Also, it's finally possible to fly during dawn or dusk with cloud shadows enabled! It still stutters with a heavy cloud cover, but nowhere near as bad as before. A very welcome update.

AAgbZxf.jpg