Sign in to follow this  
tomerasi2

ELEC FUEL PUMPS OVERHEAT+RETRACTABLE LANDING LIGHTS

HII,

Two questions: 

1 yesterday when I flew I had a problem with the ELEC FUEL PUMPS- it was on, and it was write to me: low pressure, and - over heat... what caused the problem, and how to solve it? 

2When should i use  -  RETRACTABLE LANDING LIGHTS and when shuld i turn them on? 

Thank you!

1. How much fuel did you have? As I understood LOW PRESSURE is possibly related to fuel system, showing you don't have enough fuel. And OVERHEAT related to hydraulics system as you don't have enough fuel to cool hydraulic liquid.

Better post a screenshot of main panel and overhead if you are able to reproduce the problem.

2. Depends on airline SOP (standard operation procedures). But anyway IIRC it's recommended not to use them on speeds above 250kt to reduce air loads.

thank you very very much!!!

if the problem will come back, i will past a photo of it.

about 2 - i didnt understand it - at 250 kt it means - 10,000 feet. in 10,000 feet i should of already turn on the landing lights, so i have no time to turn the 

RETRACTABLE LANDING LIGHTS on actually.

Sometimes below 10000' you are allowed to maintain speeds higher than 250.

And retractable landing lights are normally used together landing lights, mounted on the wing.

As an example: once I've flown on 734 in the night and seen landing lights turned on at 10000', and retractable landing lights were turned on additionally to them along while extending flaps to 5.