Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone tried the GTX Titan with FSX? What performance do you get? 

I have an I7 4790K and I'm planning to get this GTX 780 6gb but I'm wondering if there's any difference with the GTX Titan beside the price. Also can 750 watt power supply handle the Titan?

Please note that I want a lot of GPU memory as I'll be doing a lot of 3d/video rendering work but I'm wondering if FSX can benefit from it as much.

Thanks

Has anyone tried the GTX Titan with FSX? What performance do you get? 

I have an I7 4790K and I'm planning to get this GTX 780 6gb but I'm wondering if there's any difference with the GTX Titan beside the price. Also can 750 watt power supply handle the Titan?

Please note that I want a lot of GPU memory as I'll be doing a lot of 3d/video rendering work but I'm wondering if FSX can benefit from it as much.

Thanks

Yes there is a difference but maybe only 12% better on a titan - may not be worth the extra cash - I think if I was to do it over again it would be the gtx as sli if it happens in P3D it will be great - but FSX is dead so buy gtx and P3D V2.3 thats the route I would take

Rich Sennett

Yes there is a difference but maybe only 12% better on a titan - may not be worth the extra cash - I think if I was to do it over again it would be the gtx as sli if it happens in P3D it will be great - but FSX is dead so buy gtx and P3D V2.3 thats the route I would take

I see, that doesn't seem to be worth it. I would except at least 20% better performance. Maybe the Titan Z would do it (well it's also the best card available right now  though few can afford it :).

I am more interested in the VRAM anyway but I cannot do SLI now as I already oredered a 750watt PSU and it will not be enough.

I will probably get 32GB of RAM instead of 16 and a 1TB SSD instead of a Titan.

Currently installing P3D V2.3 so I hope it does better with it.

Regards

I see, that doesn't seem to be worth it. I would except at least 20% better performance. Maybe the Titan Z would do it (well it's also the best card available right now  though few can afford it :).

I am more interested in the VRAM anyway but I cannot do SLI now as I already oredered a 750watt PSU and it will not be enough.

I will probably get 32GB of RAM instead of 16 and a 1TB SSD instead of a Titan.

Currently installing P3D V2.3 so I hope it does better with it.

Regards

installing 3.2 oh yah it will blow away FSX for sure - what agree you getting for a video card then ? - gtx780 6 gig - that would be great

Rich Sennett

installing 3.2 oh yah it will blow away FSX for sure - what agree you getting for a video card then ? - gtx780 6 gig - that would be great

Yeah, see the part list here

I'm also excited to see how my 3ds max rendering will be now. I'm not even talking about other games as they already deliver good performance on my current system. Only FSX sucks so much! Unless we get into 4k gaming I'm happy with my current system with its performance on other games!

Yeah, see the part list here

I'm also excited to see how my 3ds max rendering will be now. I'm not even talking about other games as they already deliver good performance on my current system. Only FSX sucks so much! Unless we get into 4k gaming I'm happy with my current system with its performance on other games!

I'm a modo Guy - excellent product for a lot less money  :)

Rich Sennett

I'm a modo Guy - excellent product for a lot less money  :)

Yeah, one thing I learned is to not pay for features you don't need and use the money to get better performance instead. That's why I got the cheap motherboard. I'm even thinking that 2400MHz RAM is not worth it! lol

Yeah, one thing I learned is to not pay for features you don't need and use the money to get better performance instead. That's why I got the cheap motherboard. I'm even thinking that 2400MHz RAM is not worth it! lol

Go for the corsair platinums if you do and I would go for 2400mhz if you can but platinums are awesome

Rich Sennett

Go for the corsair platinums if you do and I would go for 2400mhz if you can but platinums are awesome

Have you used them? I do see they even have them at 3000MHz but looking at its price I wonder if it's worth the cash?

Have you used them? I do see they even have them at 3000MHz but looking at its price I wonder if it's worth the cash?

I have them now 2133 - had problems with stuttering with pmdg 777 and it helped out and also great for overclocking - solid - you should go with the 2400 - no need for 3000

Rich Sennett

I have them now 2133 - had problems with stuttering with pmdg 777 and it helped out and also great for overclocking - solid - you should go with the 2400 - no need for 3000

Roger that! I'm not really sure If I want to overclock my system as long as I can get a stable 30fps with that addon :)

Roger that! I'm not really sure If I want to overclock my system as long as I can get a stable 30fps with that addon :)

You should be fine but you have not told me your choice of video card ?

Rich Sennett

You should be fine but you have not told me your choice of video card ?

I'll stick with the EVGA GTX 780 6GB GDDR5!

I'll stick with the EVGA GTX 780 6GB GDDR5!

Excellent - going to luv p3d - good luck - by by dead fsx

Rich Sennett

Excellent - going to luv p3d - good luck - by by dead fsx

FSX has done its time and since I saw how P3D  looks the only thing I regret is that not all my addons are available there yet. So all my PMDG crafts are in the hangars right now!