Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Warning, just got a 'thanks for your order' from 'Amazon.com'...

folks...be warned, I just got an attachment-loaded email supposedly from Amazon.com with my June 14/2014 order confirmation as an attachment.  My viral program parsed the attachment and removed it as a certified viral load out.

I don't shop at Amazon.com

Be careful...do NOT open any file...no matter what the bait, if you know you have not ordered at the place of business...DELETE the email with attachment RIGHT AWAY. Contact the target business to find out about any order.....but NOT via the attachment.

Also, never open any attachment, if unexpected EVER FROM SOMEONE YOU DO KNOW...for their contact list could have been bot-raided...and the unexpected attachment  usually something posing as a picture, etc...will be a viral packet.  DELETE it, and then contact your friend, etc..to ask if they DID sent a whatever.  If so...they can resend...

Stay safe out there....

Ses

I wonder...I have never truly had any amount of obvious attempts to compromise my computer system with a viral download email scam, but have received two attempts to date in fact, after the time that AVSIM had put up a warning that there might be fellow users that are sending out from either Australia, or New Zealand...to other fellow users, attempts to compromise their systems.

So...was AVSIM hacked?  It appears so.....for how else could a fellow user get all genuine email addresses that have not been made public by a user?!?!?!?  They got them from somewhere, that is for sure!

I'm also most grateful that AVSIM is so open and up-front with these things...and you can only imagine that the administrators (the owner, Tom) JUMPS and locks down any attempt by others, to cause harm to all AVSIM members.  That is for sure....but it still causes gas...that persons can still find a way into the system.....if indeed that was the case, here.