Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Pls help. CTD when loading FS

Guest lalo lolo1

I opened FS9 created a flight with a Reality XP gauges panel and when creating the FP in the GNS530 the PC got frozen but with a blue screen and the hardware making some very ugly noise. This had happened some times before and with a reboot everything would work fine. I rebooted but this time, when I start FS9 I get the first screen with the DC3, and then...CTD. FS9 doesn't open at all.I tried deleting FS9.cfg, FSUIPC.ini, reinstalling FS9, reinstalling Windows (upgrade), but nothing happens.My fear is that is hardware related, but since the whole computer works really fine, except for FS9 I don't know what to think.My next steps are to reinstalll FS9 but with no addons files. Just the default thing and see what happens. If nothing changes (that I am almost sure won't), I will try my other Hard Disk and make a fresh Windows installation if necessary in it.Any advice or knowledge that can help?Thanks,Leo

Guest firehawk44

You reinstalled FS9 and still have the same problem. I would definitely try your last recommendation and reinstall FS9 again w/o addons. If you still have problems starting FS9, it's your video card drivers/installation. Uninstall and reinstall by using the video card installation guidelines located at the following site for your respective card: http://www.tweakguides.com/. Hope this helps.Jim

Guest lalo lolo1

Jim,As usual, what you post it does help. I gave a good read to tweakguides and decided to reinstall the VC driver, after uninstall everything related to it, and got the last drivers for the mainboard, which I had never done before. The PC works like a charm, even better than before (before the problem appeared of course), and just in case I made a fresh installation of FS9, and now it works.I am a little afraid to add the files again, but well, I have like $500 in addons, so I have to take my chances.Again, Jim, THANKS for your help!!!Leo