Sign in to follow this  
N1G

The ole settings post again - Not using NI - Looking good

Well, 

I did away with NI, as I saw a post where others did the same. I see no difference whatsoever, What this means to me is that the developers really know their stuff. Using ORBX PNW flying around KSEA, it is really smooth. A few little micro stutters but not near what I saw in 2.2. Default plane at this time but my testing has just started. Using shadow casting High, clouds with buildings casting and receiving, along with user plane inside and out. Cloud distance 100 mi. Water medium, building and autogen very dense. NO HDR...yet. So far so good. The clouds look nice. The night lighting is perfect. No cfg changes whatsoever at this time. I did finally do a complete install (just to be anal).

Bob

NI can be used to enhance the Texture filtering, and the Anisotropic filtering, and also the in sim Multisampling AA can be enhanced with NI Supersampling settings, which only works with Multisampling set in the sim. Beware, only Supersampling set in the *Transparency Section* will work due to the way objects are rendered in the sim, the regular AA setting is ignored and is a cause of confusion. Sparse Grid may be needed for certain aircraft. 

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

What's your specs with these conditions.

Hi

i7-2600k OC-4.5 

GTX760 8gig

Bob

NI can be used to enhance the Texture filtering, and the Anisotropic filtering, and also the in sim Multisampling AA can be enhanced with NI Supersampling settings, which only works with Multisampling set in the sim. Beware, only Supersampling set in the *Transparency Section* will work due to the way objects are rendered in the sim, the regular AA setting is ignored and is a cause of confusion. Sparse Grid may be needed for certain aircraft. 

Thanks Steve,

Sounds a little complicated. I guess there would be a gain in visual appearance but not sure what it might improve i.e. what should I look for?

It looks good now but it sounds like it could look better.

Bob

I'm not getting GREAT results. They are better but nowhere on the experience I am getting with FSX at the moment it seems sluggish and even tho I get 25-40 in the default start up. And about the same in NYC as before in fsx there is a certain lag at times that is very apparent.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Not sure what to tell you on that. I think one will find differences from from scenery to scenery and box to box. I just see an overall positive with 2.3. 

I shut off the fps display because I was so brainwashed with it I could not see the forest through the trees. I find without looking at the fps I now no longer have

that skewed perspective.

Bob

Hi

i7-2600k OC-4.5 

GTX760 8gig

Bob

Thanks Steve,

Sounds a little complicated. I guess there would be a gain in visual appearance but not sure what it might improve i.e. what should I look for?

It looks good now but it sounds like it could look better.

Bob

Hey Bob. :smile:

Although the image quality can be improved in some respects, I found there's not actually a lot to be gained playing with NI enhancements. I was taking shots and had to compare some of them magnified to see some of the changes. But no harm done trying stuff out.  I found NI profiles can screw up between P3D versions so I would start with a fresh NI profile by using the NVidia control panel Restore button - apply, then make a single setting (like choose an AA Mode) and then press apply again to create the new profile.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hey Bob. :smile:

Although the image quality can be improved in some respects, I found there's not actually a lot to be gained playing with NI enhancements. I was taking shots and had to compare some of them magnified to see some of the changes. But no harm done trying stuff out.  I found NI profiles can screw up between P3D versions so I would start with a fresh NI profile by using the NVidia control panel Restore button - apply, then make a single setting (like choose an AA Mode) and then press apply again to create the new profile.

I am seeing what you are seeing. The one change philosophy is indeed the safest LOL. I learned the hard way too many times. 

Thanks for the input

Bob