Sign in to follow this  

Ground shadows show up as dark blobs

Just installed 2.3 (did a complete reinstall, not the update) and I notice that all ground shadows show up as very obvious almost black blobs. This only happens in front of me. At my side and behind me everything is fine. Anyone else having the same problem? I am using the 337.88 nVidia drivers. I sometimes had this problem with 2.2 also but then those blobs only showed up every now and then in a few places but not as obvious and all over the place as now!

I've got the same with the 337.88 driver. P3D2 is confirmed to have problems with the 340.52 driver, so to what do we update?

Cheers!

Maarten

I've got the same with the 337.88 driver. P3D2 is confirmed to have problems with the 340.52 driver, so to what do we update?

Indeed. The 337.88 driver is the latest driver that works with P3D so updating has no use: it will only makes things worse.

Sorry for the confusing,only Nvidia can clarify this state or a cooperation /LM and Nvidia).

I'm using 337.94 (last build to work with v2.2) and see the same thing. I have seen this occur in 2.2 but its much worse in 2.3.

I may try an older driver, to see it that makes any difference.

I have seen this occur in 2.2 but its much worse in 2.3.

Ah, I am rather glad I am not the only one who is experiencing this...!

If you try that older driver, let us know if it helped!

If you try that older driver, let us know if it helped!

Will do :smile:

I am using the 337.88 driver without issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No problems here either.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm still seeing these patches with the old 331.82whql set so it would seem its not the drivers... And to those saying 'I'm not seeing them'... are you 100% positive? many claimed their clouds did not spin, despite the facts being different so I'm always cautious with responses... its amazing what pass some by, though I'm sure that's not the case with you guys, Ed and Vic  :smile:

It seems odd two very different systems/configs show the same thing... however, it could be one shared setting or add-on causing it, rather than a general problem with v2.3.

Jerone, was this happening with default scenery?... as I patched, rather than started over, I maintained my FTXG + LC set-up and have no scenery that is not Orbx to try.

Well since no one who says they are experiencing "blobs" has posted a screenshot of this "terrible" issue, I can only assume they don't exist because I don't see them. ;-)

Well since no one who says they are experiencing "blobs" has posted a screenshot of this "terrible" issue, I can only assume they don't exist because I don't see them. ;-)

Fair enough. ^_^

Ground shadows off:

14721636570_26dc591672_o.jpg

Ground shadows on:

14905246381_056dc07da8_o.jpg

Ugh! That looks funny!  :lol:  I'll try by ground shadows again when I get home. Thanks for the screenie.

I'm seeing the same effect here in v2.3 using default ground textures. I've turned the them off, as they are just annoying.

I can't recall seeing these in v2.1 though.

Jazz