Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

2.3 - P3D Finally Ready for the Big Time

Having been an early adopter of V2, I have to say I was initially underwhlemed. There was clear promise shown but 2.3 finally gets us to a polished, highly usable simulator. Im very excited and am now looking at finally retiring FSX.

Well done LM team.

Its truly amazing

I can now use OPUS for the weather thanks to someones link to a FSUIPC beta

Everything looks focused

"finally retiring FSX"

fsx who?  :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

"finally retiring FSX"

I'm not quite prepared to do that. I might retire FS9 though. :lol:

NAX669.png

"finally retiring FSX"

fsx who?  :P

Not me - - not until there's a PMDG 777 that works in P3D.

Its truly amazing

I can now use OPUS for the weather thanks to someones link to a FSUIPC beta

Everything looks focused

I was just about to post that OPUS doesn't seem to be giving real weather with 2.3  Can you help me?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Opus is loading live weather on my machine with 2.3. Have you tried the latest OPUS beta Ryan?

I'm also pretty impressed with the 2.3 patch, it really seems to handle heavy cloud depictions much better (and the visual is far better too IMHO). "Meh" on the new water, lol. I know everyone says ditch Nvidia Inspector but for me it seems to take the ragged edges off just a bit in spite of the obvious improvements in v2.3 and I can't see where it's really adversely affecting frame rates. I'm still working on finding the sweet spot with all the settings though, HT on vs HT off, etc.

Very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

I leave HT on then again I have water cooling loop

and an i7-4790K @ 4.7G / 16G RAM / 4G VRAM

I am of the impression that HT with 252 ( threads: 00.11.11.11 ) helps reduce texture loading stutters

When you say amazing  performance are you talking no stutters? I have an Intel I7x64 3500 o/c 4200 with a Nvidia 650 and get mini-stutters. I would like to hear your response.

Thanks!

Some more info from LM on HyperThreading Jim:

We don't elevate our process priority, so Prepar3D won't choke other applications for processing resources. I would be very surprised if our changes to the default affinity mask caused any trouble in that respect Mr. Bob. Honestly, I would recommend giving the default configuration a good thorough chance, because we changed more than just the affinity mask to improve processor utilization. Our internal work scheduling should allow hyper threaded processors to realize improved paging performance without overloading the first physical core and lowering the frame-rate.

Zach Heylmun
Software Engineer - Prepar3D® Team

Good luck dialling in that sweet spot.

Opus is loading live weather on my machine with 2.3. Have you tried the latest OPUS beta Ryan?

The authors are presently on vacation, but the most recent version is a release version OpusFSX 3.50. OpusFSI (their new product) is still in development and there is a public beta (4.0 beta 23) also available from the Opus download site. Both work for me with P3d 2.3.

and you must have FSUIPC running

It must be the beta payware version 4.934f:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77186-joystick-disconnect-windows-81/?p=469404