Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

2.3 - P3D Finally Ready for the Big Time

This version is a very noticeable improvement over v2.2.  I am seeing much more "smoothness" and way less stutters in my flights.  The lighting is also a lot better with a brighter and more polished HDR rendering some really beautiful experiences.  The shadows (clouds, vegetation, buildings, etc.) have much less of a performance impact and look excellent.  Water is improved and will be even better with each release, but water is looking pretty good now.  Looking forward to REX4 improvements for water as well.  

I would say that v2.3 is the baseline version in terms of performance optimization and from this point forward we will start seeing more new features in forthcoming releases along with additional performance refinements.  The future looks great for P3D. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Remember folks, performance is definitely improved in V2.3, but we are working with much lower AA...try settings 4SGSS in NI and watch your performance drop to the floor. I would really like to get rid of these jaggies!

Hi Mark.

"Much lower AA..."

Could you clarify that?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I believe them!  I am running about 7 FPS more over and above v2.2 .  I'm usually at 30ish...but have been staying around 35-37 FPS.   All while flying very, very smoothly.  If you can install it, you won't be sorry for the time spent....that is for sure!

Interesting! I think I will turn on HT today and see what happens.

Version 2.3 not working out for me clean install of operating system and P3d,the graphics inside cockpit meaning instrument panel are Horrendous,am using N vidia EVGA 760 2gb,I7 3.4,and 8gb of ram,some people say use NI some say no,any pointers will be greatfully received,seems bit blurry also,christ knows whats happening...........Thanx for listening

FXAA off?

Much lower AA..........................Meaning there isn't any?

Well, exactly, aside from 2x,4x,8x AA options within P3D config menu, which don't do much imo.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

When you say amazing  performance are you talking no stutters? I have an Intel I7x64 3500 o/c 4200 with a Nvidia 650 and get mini-stutters. I would like to hear your response.

I get no stutters. It's pretty smooth, totally different from 2.2.

I dont use NI and only have affinity Mask in my cfg.

I have a 2500k at 4,3 GHz, gtx 780 oc.

Settings in p3d not maxed, high to medium.

Addons: dash8, rex4 textures, aerosoft airport.

Frames locked 30.(it stays there mostly in game, even in severe storms)

Did a clean install

Hth

-Roland

Just to even things up a little did another install Win8.1 plus P3d and this time everything nearly works as it says on the tin,so different am nearly happy now,just sort out the AF and AA and it may get a WOW from me,at the moment I have no tweaks should I tweak or not, does any tweak work for you,after all we are always searching for the holy grail arnt we..........Cheers

I get no stutters. It's pretty smooth, totally different from 2.2.

I dont use NI and only have affinity Mask in my cfg.

I have a 2500k at 4,3 GHz, gtx 780 oc.

Settings in p3d not maxed, high to medium.

Addons: dash8, rex4 textures, aerosoft airport.

Frames locked 30.(it stays there mostly in game, even in severe storms)

Did a clean install

Hth

LM not recommending AM be set manually in 2.3

They didn't recommend it in 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 either.

They didn't recommend it in 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 either.

Yes. There are varied opinions out there of course depending on what kind of tests are being run, but you should see better paging performance using all cores. Our default affinity mask now uses all cores including HT cores. There may be some benefit to masking off the first HT core to give the primary thread more breathing room and/or masking off one core completely to trick the OS into not schedule tasks on the Prepar3D cores. All that said, the best one-size-fits-all setting we found given the current job scheduling technique is to let all cores work.

Beau Hollis

Rendering System Lead - Prepar3D® Team

We don't elevate our process priority, so Prepar3D won't choke other applications for processing resources. I would be very surprised if our changes to the default affinity mask caused any trouble in that respect Mr. Bob. Honestly, I would recommend giving the default configuration a good thorough chance, because we changed more than just the affinity mask to improve processor utilization. Our internal work scheduling should allow hyper threaded processors to realize improved paging performance without overloading the first physical core and lowering the frame-rate.

Zach Heylmun

Software Engineer - Prepar3D® Team

FXAA off?

In v2.3 It's better to set FXAA to on. This gives me much better AA. Don't use AA in NI, you don't need it.

Only set the NI Profile on Bioshock for the best AA results in v2.3.

Must have missed that, i got it from the tuning tips.

Will delete the tweak and see what happens

-Roland

I had AM set in my P3D.cfg file, but got LOWER FPS performance than when I deleted it, and had no modifications or tweaks of any kind, in the .cfg file.  I also removed the association of the P3D.exe file with N.I.  Don't need anything there as well.  They truly, in my opinion, are the first to have released an M.S. based flight version that requires no user intervention to glean FPS and smooth animation performance. LM has done that with the releasing of v2.3   The only thing you need to do..and always do...is defrag your P3D installation after any addition of scenery, files, etc.  That is all you need to do now...v2.3 is gold.....

Thank you for replies,just a side note on the Guru3D site there is Quadro drivers and people claim they have fixed the Tesselation problem,try at your own risk of course.......